PDA

View Full Version : tin can bay trip

flathead_fred
18-01-2003, 09:03 PM
hey,
im heading up to tin can bay in the following week. ive been there once before and probably had one of the most memorable catches of my short 16 year life. i have no access to a boat so i was restricted to the shore. right at the end of the penninsular is a little coffe shop, a boat ramp where dolphins are fed daily and some pontoons. it ws around the top of the tide in the early morning......around 5 ish and the herring schols were out in force eith splashes of there pursuers constantly interupting the silence of the sleepy fishing village. i decided to make use of a pontoon near the boat ramp and quickly caught enough livies to last a few hours with my cast net. to my suprise, not long after my first few cast , what seemed to be a freight tran smashed my herring and quicly took approx 1500 metres of line. to cut a long story short(sorry guys) i landed a 4 kilo golden trevally and 6 lb line and a light spin outfit more at home chasing bream. one of you guys may have even been in the crowd which slowly gathered around me during the 45 min fight. i did release the fish as it was a worthy adversary which should be returned to the water for others to enjoy like myself.

id like to know what other places i could try in the area?

thanks

flathead_fred
19-01-2003, 11:31 AM
sorry guys i just read the article again and i meant to say 150 metres and 1500.....thats just stupid.
still like to hear of any options ive got up there if anyone is from tin can bay or the surrounding areas.

see ya

flathead_fred
19-01-2003, 11:38 AM
sorry guys i just read the article again and i meant to say 150 metres and 1500.....thats just stupid.
still like to hear of any options ive got up there if anyone is from tin can bay or the surrounding areas.

see ya