PDA

View Full Version : Muddies in the brisbane river

Fisherman02
28-12-2002, 06:39 PM
hey guys
will most likely be chasing muddies tomorrow late afternoon/night down at the brisbane river. All this rain should have them on the move. Well hopefully will let ya know how i go.
cheers jack

mackmauler
29-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Down near the gateway bridge can be good, we'll have to have a shot from the boat if ya don't grow any extra legs etc from eating them :P

Fisherman02
29-12-2002, 11:31 AM
hey rob
will be trying the north brisbane yachting club lot of nice mangroves near there. Also will try for catties again with chicken breast
cheers jack

jaybee
29-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Geez jack from where you live anywhere along Mowbray park will see a good feed plus norman creek at the back of Heath Park, why drive all the way when its on ya doorstep
cheers
joe.

Fisherman02
29-12-2002, 03:21 PM
hey jaybee anywhere along mowbray park/norman creek to tie the pot up. Would really like to leave the pot but scared it might get pinched by bloody people who dont have respect for other peoples property. >:(
cheers jack

jaybee
29-12-2002, 03:34 PM
You can always take a picnic lunch jack with the family, or if you are really keen wait till low tide in the creek and get down in the mud and tie the line below the water on a mangrove, just dont forget which tree LOL

Fisherman02
29-12-2002, 03:36 PM
yeh joe was thinking of doing that might give it a go
cheers jack

craigie
17-01-2003, 02:19 PM
So, how did you go Jack ??

Nail a Crab or Two ??

As soon as we get a bit of rain throw your pot in the mouth of any of the little creeks that feed into the Brisbane River, like Norman Creek for example.

Cheers
Craig.

Fisherman02
17-01-2003, 03:08 PM
hey craig
nah mate not a single legal crab. Caught one undersized one which i threw back.
cheers jack

robsee
21-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi Guys,
Picked up a nice legal buck on the weekend before last at St Lucia (11th Jan) on a hand line. Missed another two the same night. This prompted me to go out and buy a pot and some mullet. Put the pot in last Sat, but came up with nothing Sunday morning. The challenge is to find a spot with a flat base so the pot does not sit on an angle. See how we go this week I think.
Rob See