PDA

View Full Version : Mud - 15/02

smerl
15-02-2003, 08:49 AM
I reckon that I might head out to Mud in the morning providing:

1) I can stay out of the pub tonight
2) I can get out of bed in time tomorrow
3) The 15 knotter doesn't start up too early.

I'll be heading out from Pinkenba at around 5 and back by 9 so I can get to Ladies Day at Eagle Farm by 12!

Lachie1
15-02-2003, 11:54 AM
MAYBE we might see you at the ramp if we go out mate. white savage c/c with 60 johnno.

Good luck, ::) Lachie

Lucky_Phill
15-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Won't see ya's there as we ( Bugman, Two Dogs and I ) are heading out of Fishermans at about 3pm.

Going to Mud for a " sojourn " and then over to the Curtin Arti and Bulwer drop offs. Returning early am ( Sunday )and hoping to see some Spotties on the way back.

taking Big Rig, Big Baits and Big Ambitions...............Doh !

Ron_Collins
15-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Hi Phill and others

If you get a quick shot in at Mud or other nearby Bay regions before the wind tomorrow, or even Sunday morning, would someone mind giving Dave and I a phone call at 4BC just after 5.30am or a bit before?

Try 3831 0400 if there are any hassles with the 13 13 32 number, and ask the operator to phone you back so you don't have to pay while hanging on with the mobile.

It would be great to get a quickie report on action there and weather conditions. Thanks in anticipation. Ron Collins.

smerl
18-02-2003, 04:33 AM
Ron,

Didn't quite make it to Mud this weekend. Had considerable trouble leaving the pub on Friday which lead to even more trouble trying to get out of bed on Saturday. Hopefully I will be out there on Friday and Saturday this weekend if the weather is OK.

Cheers,

Smerl

Ron_Collins
18-02-2003, 05:44 AM
Hi Smerl

As things turned out and you've probably already read on the boards, Phill gave us a call, which was great.

Please feel free to call in any weekend around the 5.30am time slot. Also keep a note of the (private)alternative number, and the fact that you should ask the operator to phone you back to keep the dreaded mobile charges down to a reasonable number. Your interest and support is appreciated. Ron Collins.

Heath
18-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Ron,
How wide an area do you report on for the show?

Ron_Collins
18-02-2003, 08:25 AM
Hi Heath

Generally speaking it's Sunshine Coast to the Tweed, plus freshwater. Feel free to call in if you're on the water fishing, or even heading to the fishing spot.

Around 5.30am or earlier would be best time, and ask for the operator to phone you back. Many thanks. Ron.

PS: I hope that is what you were thinking! R.