PDA

View Full Version : Nerang River tonight (27/3/03)

craigie
28-03-2003, 03:20 AM
Now that the Cricket World Cup is over It's time to drag myself away from Foxtel and do a few more mid-week fishing trips.

Heading off to fish for Whiting in the Nerang River this afternoon. Weather and tides look good, so all going well we should fish through till midnight and bring home a nice feed.

Most likely fish the Council Chambers region, but may have a look up at Sorento if things are quiet.

Cheers
Craig.

Lucky_Phill
28-03-2003, 04:42 PM
The fresh is on up the river and still should be there making it difficult to dong the Chinese Fish ( Y-Ting ) !

The clubies have been gettin them out the front.

craigie
29-03-2003, 05:55 AM
G'day Phill,

Your Information was spot on ;)

Pity I was allready fishing when your post went up :P

Fished the red beacon at the Council Chambers. Got a few quality fish on the top of the tide but the whole place turned into 'Catfish City' as soon as the tide was running out, slippery spikey bastards :(

Ended up with a dozen Whiting, all between 30 - 34 cm long and 2 monster Sand Crabs (18 cm point to point).

Any clues on where the boys are scoring fish back out in the Broadwater ??? ;D

Hope you enjoy/enjoyed the day at QFS Deception Bay,

Regards
Craig.

Dominator
29-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Good to hear that you picked up a feed Craigie. ;)

I went down the Pin 2 weeks ago and picked up a bakers dozen of whiting ranging from 26cm-32cm from spot X.

I am still keen to give the nerang a try maybe we can organise a trip.

Cheers,

Dominator.

Lucky_Phill
29-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Fishing is still hard at the Coast. Might be worth trying the banks on the southern side of wavebreak Island, and up into the logs area for some early Bream.

For a little fun, the western side of wavebreak for Gar ( poor man's Whiting ). ;D ;) ::)

wishey
29-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey Phil,,, gotta love those pointy nose whiting.
Gar are really,,, poor mans Marlin mate.
The whiting have been average quailty out on the banks of the Broadwater, but i did manage to score a couple of good whiting to 39cm, last club trip.
The Nerang hasnt fish well for whiting for about 2 months, due to the great amount of rain we had.
Next season should be a good one up there for whiting mate.
Copulater Wishey

Lucky_Phill
29-03-2003, 04:15 PM
Yes Wishmeister, poor mans marlin, that's it. Taste better than Whiting anyway :P :P :P

craigie
01-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Plan to give the Nerang River/Broadwater another go next week some time, maybe Thursday ?

It took a while for 'The Penny to drop' the other night. No other boats fishing the Chambers and heaps of small eel tail catfish and rat size Bream ??? Usually very few vermon at this location.

Craig.