PDA

View Full Version : reef charter

escafeld
04-04-2003, 03:05 PM
My fishing buddy of 30 years has come over here to visit me for my 50th birthday, so the least I can do is take him out to the barrier reef for a bit of a fish and a snorkel. I would be really gratefull if any of you guys out there could point me in the direction of a charter opperator who would be likely to take me and my mate out. anywhere between Bundaberg and Yepoon

Lucky_Phill
07-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Lloyd Burgess
E-mail Address(es):
tasmanventure@bigpond.com
Personal Information:
Phone: 4124 3222
Business Information:
Title: Skipper/owner
Department: Offshore fishing
Office: on board
Company: Tasman Venture 11
Address:
388 The Esplanade
Torquay
Hervey Bay Queensland 4655
Australia
Phone: 4124 3222
Fax: 4128 1847
Notes:
15 meter cat. $2,000 per day for max of 10 people. 2 day trips a specialty. Will fish from offshore Breaksea Spit to shelf and up to Lady Elliot. Penn overhead reels and Alvey deck winches.

You can try to get on as standby's for groups that are short a couple of guys.

Most decent charter operators need a group of 10 , but do have the " walk-ons ". I believe the Hervey bay area is your best bet for a good days fishing.

Phill

clutter
07-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Give Russell Golding a try in Gladstone on 49723151. He owns and runs the Pentana (48ft), takes a max of 8 people and runs 3 - 9 day trips to the Swains, Saumarez and Capricorn reefs.

Cheers, Clutter

bugman
09-04-2003, 05:04 AM
If you really want to show of the GBR then it's a must to do a week trip.

I'd vouch for Kanimbla out of Gladstone - the biggest and best operation there.

Kanimbla Charters

Kanimbla Charters invite you to join us on our 82 ft catamaran "Kanimbla" for extended fishing and/or diving charters to the Great Barrier Reef. We cater for groups of 16-20 guests in modern comfort. Kanimbla is also available for research and commercial operations

22 The Oaks Road
P O Box 1919
Gladstone Qld 4680
Phone: 07 4973 9337
Fax: 07 4973 2515
E-mail: kanimbla.charters@bigpond.com.au

Here's a couple of website about trips on her.

http://www.jgharris.com/gweston/frederic.htm

http://www.bwhi.com.au/travel.htm

PS I have no vested interest in her - other than I've been on her once and it was the best fishing experience I've had. Also a great location - best food - best deckies - best skipper - it's a pro organisation.

Bugman

Dominator
09-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Checked out the site for kanimbla and it looks pretty impresive. ;)

I am now thinking of organising a trip myself. ;D

Cheers,

Dominator.

bugman
09-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Dom,

She's that popular that if you want to book the whole boat of 14-16 then most of time it's 12 months in advance.

But what you'll find is guys book the whole boat but with only 8 people and they ask the skipper to fill the other positions - so if you have between 1 and 6 blokes and are flexible for dates you can usually get on.

Bugman

escafeld
12-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Thanx guys'
I missed out on the charters due to a pretty tight schedule on the weekend. I almost got on a one day charter out of Gladstone but it was cancelled due to 15/20 knot winds.
I am determined to book myself on a charter for a few days out of there if I can find a spot on one of the boats.
Anyhow I had a fantastic few days beach fishing off Great Keppel. Mainly dart but they put up a good fight on light tackle.
I'm still really pissed about the asians netting everything living off the beaches there so I might just go have a coldie out the fridge and mellow out for a while.

Thanx again. ;D