PDA

View Full Version : Ex Hacks and Has-Beens Straddie trip

bugman
01-05-2003, 04:57 AM
Fellas,

I'm taking the ABC ex Hacks and Has-Beens Tailor Preservation Society on its annual pilgrimage to North Straddie this friday.

Plan is to camp close down to the pin - coming back late Tuesday.

Target species are tailor (naturally), jew, whiting, bream - that's if I can keep them sober enough and out of the fire (it's a long and messy story).

Usually have a belly full of laughs and if we catch the odd fish it's a bonus. Anyone see a bunch of grey headed old pissed fellas and a couple of younguns coralling them into some semblance of functionality down the pin this weekend, stop and say G'Day.

We'll talk to anybody - might just not be able to stop.

Bugman

blaze
01-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Hi Bugman
Talk about pulling fellows out of the fire, years ago at a party, fellow (very pissed) fell in fire, I dragged him out after scuffing the first thing ya can, happened to be his hangers (nuts) no thanks for dragging him out only abuse, still laughen about that one
cheers
blaze

desertfisher
01-05-2003, 06:01 AM
Hope I never fall overboard from your boat Blaze ! :o ;D ;D

sharkbait
01-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Bugman, I'm working wed/thurs at the point, had planned to go for a tailor fish fri night, I'll keep an eye out for you guys. I drive a white single cab hilux 1990. If you know where to look the tailor have been on down there but don't overlook further up the beach around the causeway, there is some top water there also.

bugman
01-05-2003, 10:18 AM
Sharky,

The last few trips we've had great success at dusk/dark just before you go around the corner to the pin. We always go in the first week of May and it seems to be pretty stable in terms of fish and conditions.

Usually go first week of May because netters start second week. Have you seen the big pro groups targeting main beach yet. I hope not.

I drive a green landrover defender and will aslo have a blue suzuki vitara and Holden Jackeroo with me.

Blaze, One of the other feels fell in one night in mid conversation. Everyone was that pissed took a second to recognise what had happenned. Another fella leanned over and pulled him out on the chair. Conversation nver even broke and he only spilt half of his rum. Beard was half the size and eybrows were missing and we couldn't get that burnt flesh smell out of the place for a while :)

Bugman

spike2
01-05-2003, 01:54 PM
will be fishing from my tinnie this weekend how do we find you guys out of our boat eg locations details and should we bring a fire extinguisher ;D

bugman
02-05-2003, 04:09 AM
Spike,

If you're fishing right down at the Pin Bar you may see us on the left hand side beach past Swan Bay if we go right around the corner and fish. (that's probably an option given the wind).

Other than that you'll have to cross the bar and head left up the beach about 1km. Which I wouldn't advise.

Hope you get some.

Bugman

CHRIS_aka_GWH
02-05-2003, 11:54 AM
bugman,

i'd be putting all my eggs in one basket, finding some clean low tide form on Main & fishing those low tide dawn turns, wind slightly at your back & a big arse strip of tuna or a livie waiting for Mr Greenie or his pal Dr Jew.

Show us a big fish Bugman - the sea owes you one.

seeyainthesurf,

chris