PDA

View Full Version : It's a Muddy Weekend

Lucky_Phill
27-04-2003, 11:25 AM
NO , not dirty, just Muddy......... ;)

Been chattin to a few fellow Ausfishers, and it seems that the weekend of 3rd and 4th of May, could be a real goer for a famous ( in-famous ) Mud Island Sortie !

What are we chasing ? Well, there's always the old Snapper, but, jeez, with them being so big, it makes them hard to fillet. :o ::) :P

Bream, in close to shore are sure to be in good numbers, although the quality may not be evident. Still to fatten up.

So, high tide Sat night is 10.pm.

moon set will be at 6.20pm,,,,,,,,,,,so

A major bite of some description should occur around midnight ( for those who are not sleeping )

Trip plans is as follows. Head over to Mud pre-dusk Sat. Fish in close for Bream ( see Touchy / Johnno for the right bait ! ) and then head out to the Snapper grounds at the top of the tide and chuck out the BIG BAITS>>>>>>>> :o ;D ;)

Fill esky by 1am, sleep, go home, clean fish, drink beer, watch footy. How easy is that ? :P ;) ;D 8) ::)

adriancorrea
27-04-2003, 11:29 AM
Sounds like a great plan,
Only one prob Phill :-/
Some of us have to work :'( :'(
Anyway good luck fellas, hope you get amongst them

Tight Lines
Adrian

Fisherman02
27-04-2003, 03:17 PM
yeh sounds good
anyone need a deckie
cheers jack

adriancorrea
27-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Hey Jack,
Maybe you could take the pota bote lol ;D :D ;)

sorry couldnt resist :P :P

Tight Lines
Adrian

Fisherman02
28-04-2003, 06:31 AM
mate, dont you even know ::)
then I wil need a deckie :P :P
cheers jack

Big_Kev
28-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Sounds good Phil.
Are you taking the Big boat or the Tinny.
I am keen as mustard.
Kev

rakinray
29-04-2003, 01:06 PM
G/day Phill just found your post about mud,normally fish peel but have been super keen to have a crack at mud. Made plans for easter but as we all know shit out of luck with the weather so tried for anzac longy DOH! same story! so have made plans for sunday mid morn on the high but if you dont mind an extra boat i should be there with bells on.PS just need some info on where you leaving from and when very keen RAY.

Touchy - R.I.P.
29-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Jack,If ya' fish like ya' make tea(Cressbrook ::)you can stay home 'cause Jonno & Touchy are wired for 2 kilo bream,(Thanks for the info Phil :-X)& XOS Snapper,Yeah Phil gotta agree about the size,thats why I let most of them go now,rather a pan size squire these days :P Thanks for the marks Fred,Oh just got carried away abit they are MY marks ;D ;D,This w/end is looking good for a trip,hopefully will get over Fri arvo back Sun morning BRING IT OOOOON!!,PS.Fearless Fred/Jonno's secret big bream baits for Mud Isl.are now about to hit the market :-*but at $200 bucks a bag you poor lot of fisho's will probably miss out.NOTE :P,female customers can negotiate ;) ;) ;),Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

webby
30-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Hi Ray, If you want to tag along, i will be heading out around 2.30pm sat arvo, for the 4.30 low, will be leaving whyte Is.
Phill usually leaves from manly.
regards

Fisherman02
30-04-2003, 03:15 PM
touchy, now dont have a sulk bout the:D
I lost a hot meal (cup noodle) as well!
cheers jack

Lucky_Phill
30-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Well, I'll make a decision on Friday night about when, where, how, who, and most important......................................... ............WHY ???

For those who want to know if the bream are in yet.........well, Craig and I done a reckie on Monday night. Bugga me................bream........first one went 34cms.

eskied 5 in an hour, not one under or rat. only lost 6 hooks between us.

Mozzies still there, but numbers are dwindling.

I believe it is still a tad early for the Quality Bream to start showing there heads,, but if you ain't on the water , you ain't catching any.

OH Yeah !.........last night ( Monday )......hit the ramp at 6.......fished til top of tide ( 8 ) and looked around. The bay glassed out on the top of the tide. ;D ;D

Well, someones gotta do it 8) 8) 8) :P :P :P

aquarius
01-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey Phill looks like they are going to turn that big fan on AGAIN THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!SAT 15 TO 20 KNOTS S/E
Gee if we could only have 1 weekend with light winds?????? :'(.
Looks like its up the rivers and creeks for the third weekend in a row.
Cheers Brent.

Lucky_Phill
01-05-2003, 04:50 PM
What ya mean. that wind is not a problem over at the Curtin Arti.
\

Trouble is gettin there. Still going at this stage. Definately taking the big rig though. ::)

Don't worry, these winds will p#@$ off soon, to make way for those lovely WESTERLIES...bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phill

aquarius
02-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Yeah Phill you and all the other boats probably will be heading to the same spot.....SPEAKING OF BIG RIGS might just see ya there...50/50 possibility.....whats it like there in a strong wind warning?......from what i can see on the weather map you may get there but getting home could be interesting. ;D
Cheers Brent

Lucky_Phill
03-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Wind and Bay not a problem on Saturday.

Going to Curtin ( area ???????????????????????? )

At ramp at 2pm.

See all you game folks there. Just follow me, I know where I'm going http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm3.gif

;) ??? :o ::) :P :-/

Lucky_Phill
03-05-2003, 01:40 PM
So why do people call me Captain SteerCrookEd ?

Seriously people, should be wet and joggley going over and really good there.

We'll be heading home about 7-8am Sunday. Still calm with a little S/W 'ter.

Phill