PDA

View Full Version : Fingal, NSW

flathead_fred
17-05-2003, 06:40 PM
hey guys,
im heading to fingal on the queens birthday weekend with my fishing club and i was wondering what to expect there. probably hiting the tailor and bream of the beach and what not. hows the rock fishing there? im set up with a couple of synder glas 11ft 4 w and 5 w and ........alveys ofcourse ;). got the spin stick to if there happens to be an oppurtunity. whats the other tweed river side like. i think there is a rock wall that runs along it. wouldnt be half bad there to target some night time bream i suppose. so what are ya thoughts?

seya, mike

bugman
20-05-2003, 04:47 AM
Mike

Stayed at the Fingal caravan park 4 years ago in May. Pulled about 12-20 tailor of the rocks every morning for about 4 days. The locals were spinning with big 13 foot rods and heavier line using two - 60 gram splice spinners linked by the o'ring. They were getting out to the edges of the churned up water and were nailing more than me. I stuck to bait mostly. Be careful getting out to the last rock ledge. You've got to walk a cross a low rock causeway which bridges the fissure. You have to time your run.

5:30am in the dark - couldn't see the waves - did the count and time method - worked out the pattern and headed off. I was halfway across and heard the crashing coming up the fissure. Knew I couldn't make it across and layed down and clung to the rocks with rod and bucket. Under water for about 5-secs - wet and scared shitless but alive. Fisghing was quite cold that morning for some reason. Even lost my favourite cap - a blue quicksilver number. I'd like it returned if you find it mate ;)

Bugman