PDA

View Full Version : Hinchinbrook in July

Dr_Dan
12-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Hey guys and gals. I know it's a fair way away, but planning a trip to Hinchinbrook some time in June July school hols. Can't wait, haven't been for 12 months. Gunna be staying lucinda most likely, hope the fishing is going alright. Last trip, got 16 different species in 3 days.
anyone else going to be there same time, let us know, keep in contact while there, see where they are biting etc!

;DLUV THE PLACE ;D

Cheers
Dan

Mrchips
19-05-2003, 09:05 AM
I have just had a week on a houseboat from Lucinda - end of April early May.

Fished hard every day,threw every lure I have up every creek and ended up with ZIP!

Not one barra, a few cod,one large flathead,one bust up with a jack.

Very disappointed with Hinchingbrook as a destination.

A lot of fishing pressure seems to be the problem.

I dont think I will fish there again. :'(

Jack_Lives_Here
20-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Dan - heading up in Sept. Good luck and have a great trip. I know I've said it before BUT such a magic place.

Mr Chips - don't be disappointed. The flats are the go in the cooler months. Barra just sort of sulk. Queenies and trevelly around Haycock Is should have been on??
What area / where did you fish??
I've done 4 trips there now and only just started getting a handle after 3. We plan our trips once it starts to warm up, around Sept. This year is from the 6th. Last trip our boat managed 22 barra, jack, goldens, copious cod, grunter and other critters in a short time - 90% of them snag bashing. Maybe work in a trip around these times would see you getting busted up in those snags. ; ;D If you need more info just give me a yell.