PDA

View Full Version : Mt Isa

Graham_N_Roberts
02-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Headin' to the Isa early May. Was wonderin' if it's worthwhile takin' the gear, and if so, what's the likely catch? :)

Big_Kev
03-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Mate the impoundments up there are stocked with Sooty Grunta and Barra (BIG BARRA).
I was up that way recently and tried my heart out but could not get lucky.
Photos in the local rag proved that there is actually Barra there and that they are not pulling your leg.
But I would think that the local fisho's would have spot X for the good ones.
Tight lines Kev
P.S the flies won the day on more than one occasion as well so take the repelant and I even took a net to put over my head on one occaion.

Graham_N_Roberts
29-05-2003, 04:53 AM
Thanks Kev,

Made the trip. :( :(

Yeah, same story fished hard....tried different times of the day...different bait...lures...swearing....saw a snappy tom..caught two little strippey grunter and a fork tail catfish, and *##%*& :-X duck lice. Apparently the lake Julius comp was poor as well. Must be the time of year.

Cheers, Graham ;)

Big_Kev
01-06-2003, 01:23 AM
I have been told that the Barra have been quiet for the last month or so, Not much action at all.
Lake Julias now thats a wild drive, unless the road has been graded , and filled in all the wash outs. I went out there for a look afetr the rain and it was pretty tough going. Lucky I had a NISSAN PATROL to get me home again. Just the creek crossing at the lake came over the bonnet. It was good fun but.

Cheers Kev

SteveCan
02-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Nuthin like those Jeeps to get you where you want to go, eh Kev? ::) :P ;)

Cheers
Steve.

Big_Kev
02-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Thats right Steve they are all Jeeps at the end of the day.
Cheers Kev