PDA

View Full Version : Canadian on the Gold Coast

bellhender
09-06-2003, 11:14 PM
Hello Boys and Girls

I'm a Canadian from North Central British Columbia in Canada who is visiting your beautiful Gold Coast for 2 monthes next February and March. I live on a lake and enjoy quality trout fishing out the back door so I was hoping to trade in my icefishing hut for a surf rod and some sun block.

I lived on the coast (Chevron Island) when I was a kid and actually came back and worked at Sea World as a young man, then came back again with my wife and teens 2 years ago. The fishing and hunting where I live is world class but if I were a rich man I'd have a place on the coast too.

I know it is a fairly long time away but could anyone give me some hints on where to fish and who the best fishing outfits are on the coast (be budget oriented please). Perhaps give me a hint or 2 on where to fish and what type of tackle to buy. I'm very excited about this trip as it's just wifey and myself and I plan on spending many pleasant hours dipping my line and even going fishing once or twice.

The last time I was over a taxi driver called me frozen Yank so I called him a tropical Pom. He vigoriously pointed out "I'm no bloody Pom mate", My response was "now you're getting it" HAHA

Anyway if you feel the urge to educate the less informed I've very interested in hearing from you, either in here or at bellhender@hotmail.com

Regards

Gerry
From Prince George

Quinny69
12-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Theres some great fishing down the GC, If you go to DougBurts Takle shop the guys will give you some (up 2 date) hints, especially if you are buying some gear. good Luck MQ