PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Trip question - PLAN B

bawldrikk
17-07-2003, 03:22 PM
I posted a question about a wife friendly place to go fishing. Now Her Majesty has suggested that maybe I should try to go alone rather than have the fishing compromised #;D
So plan B question. #Anyone thinking of a week sometime in August/September that would like to share? #Hard to fit in with some of the charters/guides solo it seems.
Was thinking Darwin/Weipa/Port Douglas/Cooktown maybe even the one that Paradice advertises 10 hour drive from Darwin. Haven't fished these places but sure look good for a chilly Melbournite. I have all my own gear if required up to stand-up 24kg. #Like pelagics rather than bottom bouncing.
Any ideas

peterbo3
17-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Evening Bawldrikk,
I owned a prawn trawler working out of Cairns up to the Cape for a number of years. Be careful of August. Can blow 30 knots SE for days at a time. Even behind the reef can be very uncomfortable on a 40 FT charter boat.

Rod.
19-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Gday Bawldrikk, Might interest you, we have a charter out of Port Douglas in November with spare spots if you are keen. We checked with local coast gaurd people about November and they say Nov. a good month. We have a topic under going fishing for some details, or if you prefer, email me direct. mather@cnn.net.au