PDA

View Full Version : Bream Bashing Soon

Lucky_Phill
07-07-2003, 11:43 AM
MUD ISLAND BREAMING

There is a good few nights coming up that should have the Bream firing at Mud.

Below is the info I will be using to determine when, why, how etc.

Friday 25th July.........H/T..........7.15pm

Saturday 26th July......H/T..........8.00pm

Sunday 27th July..........H/T........8.40pm

Monday 28th July.........H/T.......9.20pm

Tuesday 29th July........H/T.........10pm

Sunset on these days is at about 5.20pm and the New Moon is on the Tuesday.

I won't take that much notice of the Major and Minor bite periods here as the Bream only tend to bite on the up tide in close at Mud. Ideal days are the ones where there is a slight Westerley blowin ( I'll be fishing the East side of Mud ), and on days when there is not too much boat traffic. So Friday or Monday seem to be the ideal days. Tuesday is the TOP day, even with the big tides, the current is not a problem in close. For anyone wanting to do Mud at these times, send me a post, we'll work something out.

2/0 hooks, no lead, 10kg line, foul gut or fresh flesh, Alveys or Baitrunners, berley and a Thermus full of Chicken Soup ( goes good with the chook gut ! )

Cheers Phill ;) ;D 8) ::)

aquarius
07-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Hi Phill...It just so happens that i will be taking a weeks holiday at the time you mentioned so i will be a starter for the big bream bash over at Mud.
Can't wait to see these large specimens you talk about in the shallows!!
Hope the weather is favourable but with my luck it usually rains or we get a strong wind warning when i mention the word HOLIDAY.LOL
How do mullet strips go over at Mud? or do the bream prefer fresh chook gut?
Mate my biggest bream to date is just on 1 kilo so im hoping to beat that personel best...What are my chances?
Cheers Brent ;)

flathead_fred
07-07-2003, 01:28 PM
guys,
i know you are moreton bay people and fish it alot, but the bream are firing up at coloundra and we often get bream over a kilo not to mention some hefty tarwhine at 1.5 kilos (but they start to taste a little off [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] any bigger). i hope you guys do well though cos i often here of some quality at mud this time of the year. good luck [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].

mike

webby
07-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Certainly have it all worked out mate.
Im heading out there this sat arvo for a bash, high at 1030pm sat nite, but will be fishing a little deeper waters for those pink fish.
Should have cragie as the decky if he's free.
Think Peter is going to tag along.
So if anyone else wants to tag along feel free to do so, will be leaving from Whyte late sat arvo.
regards

jaybee
07-07-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey Phil how is it u can only pick days or nights before i gotta work, give me a break here eh
cheers.

Lucky_Phill
07-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Fish over a kilo are always a chance there Brent, but it's just that the " average " size of the Bream are better quality than most places. Fresh foul gut is about as good as it gets for bait over there. But if you can round up fresh Tailor flesh....mmmmmm !

Yes Mike, I know the Bream have started at Caloundra. Was there Saturday and got the guf from Uncle. Might even give it a shot on that Friday and keep Mud for the other days. Best thing about fishing up there, is you don't tend to lose gear. Fishing on the sandbanks and weed beds is a pleasure.

Well, JB, you just have to get your priorities sorted !

Yep, Brian, this weekend will see Big Pink Bream being caught. The water temp is slowly dropping.

Phill

jaybee
07-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Phil
Well, JB, you just have to get your priorities sorted !
okay phil you do my job and i will go fishing in your place what will it COST to keep the photos of the lycras off the site mmmmm [smiley=helpa.gif]

aquarius
07-07-2003, 05:06 PM
OK Phill i will try and get some fresh tailor fillets.....Water surface temperature on Saturday morning in the Broadwater was 17 degress but a damn sight warmer than the air temp...burrrrrrr. ::)
Cheers Brent

Lucky_Phill
08-07-2003, 01:08 AM
If that photo of me in the lycra's shows the buldge in the front, please post it, it pays to advertize !

;) ;D 8)

Phill

jaybee
08-07-2003, 02:40 AM
Yeh but what r u advertising, space for rent ;D or a patented sock warmer. LOL.
cheers.

Touchy - R.I.P.
08-07-2003, 03:19 AM
Phill,Phill, Phill,Sorry to be the one to tell you but the boys were all talking about that bulge in the front & we were all thinking that it was a funny place to keep one small cheerio :o,(was it the cold weather ::)at least you could of put a spud in the BACK & really giv'em something to talk about!! ;D ;D ;D ;D.T.><> ><> ><>.

Lucky_Phill
08-07-2003, 12:50 PM
So what is this .........?

Pick on Phill day ?

Hey, at least I got up and done the fishing report, didn't I ? And that's about all I did for the next few hours.......doh !

Phill :P :P :P :P

craigie
08-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Hey you blokes, leave Phill alone :P
Wasn't he the one that took all the crews down to the secret 'logs' spot so everyone could share in the Bream Bounty that the area is legendary for ??? And didn't each and every crew score big time :-/, no ???
Well o.k. maybe not, but didn't you all catch a good feed :-/ , no ???
I'm sure someone got a couple ???

All I can say is join the 'Fish Train' to Mud as Phil produced the goods the night he took me out there for a scout around. I'll be there at the regata thanks Phill ;D

Yes Webby, I'm a certainty for this Saturday night.
When I start fumbling around my kit bag after landing my first ever 'Bay Nobby', don't be alarmed, I'm just flicking on the GPS, and locking in the location ;D ;D

Craig.

webby
08-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Talk about bulges, should have seen him , digging yabbies under the big boat, even though the prop had already unearthed every yabbie on the bank D
Re Sat Night, stuffed up when looking at the tides, will be heading out at 1pm sat arvo.
regards

craigie
10-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Hmm, might have to check with Boating and Fisheries people about that one, not sure if yabbies can be extracted by a petrol driven device ???
Webby, I'll be ready and waiting at the Ramp, just say a time. Weather is looking o.k. at this stage.

Craig.

Lucky_Phill
12-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Hey Brian, if I get out there on Sat, I'll buzz past ya and get some pics for BnB of ya boat on the water etc.

Phill

Lucky_Phill
21-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Gettin closer to the good dates fellas.

The weather seems to be playing the game at this stage.

Even saying there could be cloud cover. Good for shallows and air temp a little warmer.

Lets not forget, Peel, Green and St Helena as hot spots for the Breambos. Places like Tripconny Bight oyster leases, and more than likely the oysters leases in the Rainbow / Myora area.

Then again, if you ask the Bugmeister, he'll tell ya the Bream are in the surf, and we all know Bream can't surf........... ??? ::) :o :P ;)

Phill

Lucky_Phill
21-07-2003, 03:17 PM
For anyone interested, I have found some good hooks for the Bream

Maybe new on the market as I haven't seen them til a little while ago.

Dynatec...........chemically sharpened/ red/ baitkeepers/. come in a box of 50 at half the price of Mustads....actually less than half the price.

Phill

bugman
22-07-2003, 05:05 AM
Phil,

You've just got to be willing to diversify ;D ;D

Was that last comment akin to the famous line from Apocalypse Now "Charlie don't surf" (said in a gruff American general's accent.

HHHMMMM fresh ocean bream tates good. Better than those mud feeders you find around here. ;D ;D

Bugman

Lachie1
22-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Been using those dynatecs for a while now hey Phill and they go just as good as the mustads (what i usually use) and they are definately better on the pocket :D I dunno bout you fellas but surf bream does seem to taste better ??? ::) :P

Cheers, Lachie

bugman
22-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Well said Lachie

locomotion
22-07-2003, 11:51 AM
;D ;DHi PHILL
Well love bream fishing but one big problem still lies ahead of me . :-X :-/

the bloody boats not ready yet ( ha nearly there anyhow ) . just got a few things like fixing the fibreglass floor got a few holes in there where the fuel tanks lie,
but when i get it in the water LOOK OUT ALL you'll know me gunna sign write the bow myself LOCOmotion.
HA HA good name hey ;D ;D ;D :-

Lucky_Phill
22-07-2003, 04:02 PM
we look forward ta seein ya on da water ! ;)

Phill