PDA

View Full Version : What's Tweed bar like at the moment?

SteveCan
31-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Hi Guys,

Anyone care to comment on the state of the Tweed bar? Currumbin being the state it is we thought we might head out Tweed at the start of the run-in on Saturday between 6 and seven am.

I haven't crossed Tweed since Christmas so comments appreciated.

Cheers
Steve.

opimax
01-08-2003, 07:11 AM
giday steve don`t know much about tweed bar, keen to go for a fish myself but the weather looks like crap again. :( :( lee

jaybee
01-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Go here steve http://www.coastalwatch.com/ and watch it live under Duranbah, the dredge has been working fairly constant over the past few weeks there is a fair bit of white water on it at present. After fishing professionally out of tweed, i would rather use kingscliffe, it is actually shorter to cook from there, (by the time u run up the river) and some good grounds e/ ese out from kingscliffe, just look for the trap floats.
cheers
joe.

AnthonyC
01-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Hi Steve,
We fished the north wall of the tweed seaway on Sunday and there were a few boats coming and going on the outgoing tide, that were smaller than us (5m). Looked like the passage out by the north wall was the go.... We didn't go out, only because we are new boaties and thought the s'port seaway would be a better option for our first trip out....on a good day.

SteveCan
01-08-2003, 04:45 PM
It's starting to look fairly poor for offshore work on the weekend :( I will be keeping my eye on the reports and the conditions (nothing like looking out your window!) But I may end up fishing the Broadie again, mite look for a bit of beach work or something.

It is a shame, but you have to stick within your limits - as great as a day's outside fishing is, it is not worth putting your life at risk...

Cheers
Steve.

jaybee
01-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Never a truer word spoken steve, "when in doubt don't go out"
cheers

SteveCan
03-08-2003, 06:09 AM
Well,

The wind was down this morning so Dad and I did go out tweed. We stayed inshore and went north but the wind went to about 20knt's from the soutwest almost straight away. It wasn't too bad inshore but I bet the wider grounds would have been VERY uncomfortable.

After about half an hour of soaking some baits and a livie, the thought of that building swell on Tweed got me thinking so we hauled the pick and went back in. In retrospect it was fine and we were no where near being 'risky' but another 5 knots of wind would have seen things get a bit dodgy.

Ahh well - at least we had a go. Until next time...

Cheers
Steve.