View Full Version : mud on sat morn

fieldy
01-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Hopeing to hit mud on sat morn with the sp's
raining or not here we come
fieldy

snapattack
01-07-2005, 07:44 AM
We are heading out there too. What will you be in so we can keep an eyeout?

gropeher
01-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Im going too, the time of reckoning has become, will be testing my new cruise craft out, no name yet, will go by grope'her till I name her. 27 meg, channel 91, vhf 67.
Am hoping to pick up some snapper on SP, any tips on what best to use to catch my first beast.

fieldy
01-07-2005, 05:05 PM
snapattack
we will be in a 4.7 trailcraft pro
ausfish sticker on back and console
see ya out there
fieldy

Wyoming
02-07-2005, 03:04 AM
Fieldy - I know another bloke who will be there in a boat just like the one you described. #See you there.

Gropeher - I'll be in a Cruisecraft 575 and I'll give you a call. I'm dead sure you will love the new boat - what size?

Jeremy
02-07-2005, 03:49 AM
Can I come too?

I will be there also from about 6 am. 4.5 m centre console yellow with ausfish stickers. I will have a mate with me in an old Quintrex 5 m centre console as well. We will both be on VHF 77.

Would be good to meet up with some other ausfish members.

Jeremy

Steven78
02-07-2005, 07:34 AM
I will be there at 6am too 4.2m Qintrex With the OZfish stickers on the back!!!!!!.

I hope the weather holds up (:

Martin_C
02-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey Guys
Just a quick few questions- what is the best ramp to depart from for going to Mud Isl, how far / how long will it take and also what fish do you catch there
regards
Martin

JB
02-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Manly or Whyte Island Ramp there martin.

As for fishing, well where do u start... grinners , stingrays, catfish, bream, squire, snapper (if u can perform miracles) , flathead .

Good luck mate.

Jas

magik
02-07-2005, 02:39 PM
i'm heading out too, gunna start early i think, i haven't fished it yet but if anyone can pm me on any spots it would be helpsful, i heard the western side but not sure if it's on reef and also the reef running along the eastern side but still it's only hearsay. I'll be in a lil' runabout, yellow with a blue canopy on it. Feel free to pop over and say hi. Chances are i won't be catching much as i don't know the area at all, so don't be offended if i stop near you to see whats happening ;D, but i'm not one of those WA >:( >:(KERS who sit right on top of you. Thats a pet hate of mine, along with ppl who scream past you while you're anchored and send your boat flying :o!!!

Hopefully we'll all have a good day

Paul

Pwoida
02-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I'll be a decky on my mates (Stanger) 475 Cruisecraft out from nudgee. Will be out there around 9:15am. 27meg ch 91. Hope to catch up with a few of yuz.

rakinray
02-07-2005, 04:04 PM
G/ day all i was hopin for an offshore trip tomorrow but seems the swells still up and the passage has claimed another boatie, :o so its off to mud for a session on the rubbers (first time ) will take the bait as well and should be out there around 7 am will have the 27 meg on 91, rig is an open runabout white and tan with ausfish stickers on both side screens. Need to do a little spot checkin for the bream comp next week so a fish or two will be a bonus !

CHEERS RAY ;D

Cheech
02-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Seems everyone is heading off to Mud in the morning. commodore and I will be heading over there mid to late arfternoon for an evening fish. If you see an oldish 5.5 Mustang half cab around the northern areas, that will be us.

Unless we are at the south east reef, or the south west bream areas, or the north west bream spots,,,,,, will be there somewhere. rego is vh181q (same as the avatar).

Cheech

gropeher
03-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Wyoming,
I just got yr message, I have the 500 Explorer, waht a beast I just love it. I went out with soft plastics and did not even get one strike, then went to harrys, that was the same, very quiet fish wise, did anyone else dod any good, I fished North of Mud, NE and tried NW on some holes, just nothing around, my deckie got a turtle, and after a bit of careful playing on the SP it spat it thankfully, a few dolphins at Harrys too.

Jeremy
05-07-2005, 03:45 AM
We managed to get 6 people on two boats out to Mud Is on Saturday. I got out there just before 6 am and my first cast with a SP produced a 45 cm squire. Next cast I missed the strike, and third cast a just legal squire. Went a bit quiet after that with only undersize squire and tailor for the next couple of hours. Got fogged in for about two hours which was pretty interesting. Steve got a just legal parrot about 9 am and Chris got a nice flathead about 55cm from a drain at the Southern end of Mud about 10.30.

Darryl in the other boat got three legal squire in the low 40s between 9-10 am and dropped a much bigger fish. He also had a big cod estimated around 100 lb come up behind a hooked squire!

Anyway, fun and interesting day on the water and home by 1pm.

Jeremy

beefaman
06-07-2005, 08:50 AM
This would be why Wello was nearly boat free!! ;D

shano
06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
am thinking about doing an over nighter fri-sat! will be in 15ft mustang half cab yellow! 27meg 91 same as in avitar <-------