PDA

View Full Version : Help with Gold Coast offshore

snapattack
23-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Heading down the Gold Coast fro a family do Sat night. I am thinking about bringing the boat but have never fished off the coast. Can anyone share a GPS mark or 2 to start with? Nothing fancy required just basic starting points. Have a 4.5m tinny capable of a 70k round trip. I will be leaving through the seaway

RAGINGBULL
23-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Head straight out the seaway at the entrance go 1-oclock for 3-8km and you will find many boats, the deeper you go the more boats you will find
Boats as far as the eye can see on reef.
Sound around for reef scattered all over.
If you are after some good taylor then go to the bait grounds turn right at seaway head South till Narrowneck, approx 6km 300m from shore.
Just off back line early Morning or after 9-10am the big Taylor come on the chew on pillie or lures..
Remember only 20

Cheers Mark

fishyjoe
24-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi Snapattack,

I have been out on the Raginbull many a time and it is exactly as mark said, for talyor you are looking for the sandbag reef at narrowneck. We don't anchor just move around the area.

We caught some nice jew out at the 3-8 km mark a few weeks ago, tasted just fine.

Good luck

Joe

fishingnottake
24-07-2005, 07:32 AM
if you need a deckie i'm available ;D i've only really fished from the shore on the coast, so i cant help you with offshore spots, but genraly you cant go too far wrong following the boats, or even fishing around the beacons etc.