PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day in Gladstone

DNO40
31-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Anyone interested in a day out and lunch somewhere nice. Apparently I'm spending the day in the boat with the family for fathers day.

All ideas welcomed

All areas considered

All welcome ;D :D ;D

Pash67
31-08-2005, 06:32 AM
I'll check with the boss. Will end up doing something the kids want me to do not what I want to do. I sugested that she get up early cook my breakfast, hook the boat up and let me go fishing by myself. When I get home she clean the boat, cook the fish then give my back a rub. I was sworn at then laughed at. I also reminded her it's mothers day everyday in our house.

Let you know later in the week.
Adrian

DNO40
31-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Brave or stupid...........I'm not sure yet. I'll reserve my decision based on further posts. ;D

Needmorerum
31-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting out somewhere. If weathers good, I got a couple of marks off One Tree and Sykes reef that I want to check out, but if weather ain't so good, was going to look at the top end of the dam or around colleseum maybe.
Not sure though, gotta check with the concreter as to when he is going to be here to do the shed slab, the foundations are done now ready to go.

Corry

Pash67
31-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Can you still get through the gates at Santa Glen. A picnic and a fish up there sounds good. Too early to tell at this stage though. Depends what the billy lids have planed for me.

Adrian

DNO40
31-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Corry,

This shed must be Huge, because its taking you a bloody long time to build. ;D ;D ;D

Awoonga
31-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Did someone say dam... Is that Awoonga dam ? mmmm l thought you saltys where banned from freshwater ???

DNO40
01-09-2005, 05:49 AM
Trevor,

Don't count your Barra until they have been landed....we are on our way.

Awoonga
01-09-2005, 07:45 AM
And that comment is from a Barra virgin LOL... LOL ;D ;D ;D

Pash67
01-09-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm out for Suday. The kids have something planed, I was informed last night as I threw around a few sugestions.

Adrian

DNO40
01-09-2005, 09:52 AM
No point lying about being a Virgin. A lot of people like virgins for all sorts of reasons. ;) ;)

Owen
01-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Weather permitting, I'll be about 60km's offshore on a charter boat 8-)
Hope you all have a great fathers day wherever you end up.
Owen.

DNO40
02-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Sunday has been shelved for me....... have made other plans for Sunday and Monday.

DNO

Needmorerum
02-09-2005, 07:17 AM
With the weather the way it is, it looks like it is the dam for me. Maybe up the Narrows. After all, it is fathers day, they have to do what I want.

And yeah the shed is taking some time, but all being done on weekends and after work, keep getting dragged away for fishing and shooting trips. Gotta get the priorities right.

Corry

Lundy
02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Yep, I think it's time to give the 4 stroke a run in the fresh.
Now, how do you catch those big silver things!!

Cheers
Steve

Needmorerum
02-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Well it all starts with a glass milk bottle, chlorine and some brake fluid, and.... Oh, that's right, we're supposed to be environmentally friendly aren't we.
Oh well, looks like I'd better get me a long whippy thing with some rope on it.

Looks like the dam is it, but I have been asked if the family can come too, so I'll have to give in and unlock the missus from the sink.

Corry

DNO40
03-09-2005, 07:11 AM
I can see Corry that your wife doesn't read these posts !

Pash67
03-09-2005, 01:01 PM
DNO, you wondered if I was dumb or stupid, well I am, but not as much as Corry ;D They have way's of finding out what you say about them ;) You are going to have to stop having those rums before you post on here Corry or you can kiss goodbuy to the shooting, 4x4 & she who must be obeyed will only allow you to have one boat at a time. ;D ;D

Have a good fathers day
Adrian

Needmorerum
03-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Oh you guys must all be scared... Fathers day is exactley that, Fathers day. They should do as we wish.
Well, the big boats packed, ready to hit the water first thing in the morning. Taking the familly out, maybe look at the Mack grounds, and then Moreton Star and Bindaree, could even end up at 12 mile if weather is good.
The weather this morning was perfect. And as usual, I spent the morning at VMR on the radio.
Well, better go before "she" sticks her head around the corner and sees what I'm doing.

Have a good Fathers Day,
Corry

Johnm
03-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Looks like the top end of the Narrows for me.

Lundy
03-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Change off plans for me. #I will be taking the family to the Oaks for a pinic.
Should be a nice way to spend the day.
Got a 760 Barra this arvo at Callemondah on a fizzer. First fish on a fizzer so I'm stoked ;D ;D
Cheers
Steve

Needmorerum
03-09-2005, 08:38 PM
We'll be going past there Steve, if we see you in there we'll drop in and say gidday.

Corry

Johnm
04-09-2005, 07:26 PM
How did the day turn out.
Nice relaxing at the Northern end of the Narrows. Nice feed of bream.

John m

Lundy
05-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Was a very relaxing day at the Oaks. Kids had a nice swim and I kicked back watch watched the rat race go by.

Corry was it rough outside. Looked choppy after lunch.

Cheers
Steve

Needmorerum
05-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Little bit later on, but I'll stick a report up in the Reports section, got a pearler of a story to tell.
Seen you going into The Oaks, but you'll understand why we didn't come in when you read the story.
Flicking around chat rooms at the moment so will get it up later on.

Corry