PDA

View Full Version : Hinchenbrook

clutter
09-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Heading to Hinchy this Sunday. Get to Cardwell Monday and leave on a houseboat on Tuesday morning with some mates. Looking forward to getting my first Barra. Will be up there until Sunday then back to Brissy unfortunately. Will be the first real good run for the new boat. Can't wait. Have an unpainted Stessco Hurricane with 40 Yammy 4stroke on it, also has Shimano and Lowrance stickers on the side and hopefully Ausfish ones as well by then. If you are in the area and see it drop over and say g'day.
Cheers, Clutter.(Mick)

Jack_Lives_Here
12-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Clutter,
Mate you need to fish REAL tight to the sticks to get fish. That was the case a couple of weeks back anyrate.
Want to be back up there.
Have a good trip and look forward to a report.

Big_Kev
12-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Where abouts do you stay up there?
I have gotten some info on the area
and was wondering what would be a good clean safe place to stay and keep the boat and take the family?
Also are the beaches safe for swimming at Easter ?
Regards Reel Hard .

mackmauler
12-10-2002, 12:18 PM
Kookaburra caravan park is popular with fishos, my bro lives near there and he told me the box jellies were everywhere around easter this year and you might run into a croc if your lucky so swimming is probably not a good idea i hear the irakangi can get into the enclosures as well.

Big_Kev
12-10-2002, 04:31 PM
Irakangi??????

mackmauler
12-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Sorry mate I mispelt, Irukandji.

clutter
12-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Reel Hard,
I'm going up with a group of blokes and will be on a houseboat. Originally we were going to anchor up at Deluge Ck. but that might have changed a bit by now. We will probably stay up towards the northern end, maybe in Mission Bay (think that's it). That way we can slip out to a bit of reef if the conditions are good. Its my first time up there but the others are regulars. As far as swimming goes, don't really sharing with the mud gecko's, I'll be staying dry.
Cheers, Clutter

Jack_Lives_Here
15-10-2002, 09:53 AM
Britomart reef is not far out from the northern tip. In good conditions an easy run. Could only manage dirty old coral trout, red throat and cod ;D ;D ;D. If you need some marks drop me a PM and I'll send them back.

btsah
10-03-2006, 01:40 PM
?

major-defect
14-03-2006, 07:37 AM
missionry bay is great mate and Gould island close by where there are usually some good pelagics.

major-defect
14-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey hang on this thread is ancient whats it doing back up.