PDA

View Full Version : Cabarita (wednesday)

TheSSminnow
09-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Headin to cabarita on wednesday, should be down there by 4.30 and hopefully fishing by 5.00 if im lucky, heard them some nice little tailow down there so hope for the best. If that fails, going to head down to the beach and fish the surf.

Dave
Captain of the SS Minnow

aussiefool
10-05-2006, 03:20 AM
M8, let me know how you got on as I'll be fishing up the beach near salt this morning. Was on the beach on Mon morning and only got a few dart bites >:(

TheSSminnow
10-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, what a day. Got down to Cabarita at 3.00 and fished the headland with no success. Bait schools were schooling up but unfortunately they werent coming in close, just a crap of a day, well it was actually a sunny perfect day but I have a feeling the conditions were just too good. The water was clear as and that may have been the problem, not a Tailor in Sight. From what ive heard, there werent any tailor at black rock either so its got me buggered. Anyway we are home from our trip, fishless and friggin tired, off for a kip.

dave
Captain of the SS Minnow

aussiefool
10-05-2006, 03:04 PM
G'day Dave .... fished up near salt at beach spot x+2a and just got the one tailor, and you were right about bait in the water where we were the water was full of bait fish or even small mullet just nothing chaseing them. So tomorrow it off to the rocks at spot X ;D for a feed of jews [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

boodo
10-05-2006, 06:12 PM
hey lads fished wouyong this afternoon and got 4 quality tailor and 1 nice flattie they were not thick though

boodo

TheSSminnow
10-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah id say not many Tailor were being caught today, but then again, tommorow might be a different story, it depends, i think if the westerlies come through and messes the water up a bit, i think they might pass the headland. But then again who knows, they werent anywhere to be seen today.

dave
Captain of the SS Minnow