PDA

View Full Version : Mud overnighter

Lucky_Phill
08-02-2003, 11:36 AM
The weather seems to be holding, so I might take an overnighter to Mud.

There is some Grunter ( Javlin ) about and in good numbers and size. The fresh should have started to dirty up the bay a little and this will get the bottom dwellers moving.

The Bream, Squire and Sweeties are over there and I should be able to dong a feed.

In close, the 1.30am Sat morn high tide looks the goods, otherwise the 2.30am high on Sunday morn. Then again the low tide out east of Mud for Squobbies sounds good.

Squobbies you say ??? somewhere between a Squire and a Knobby. :P

The jew will start to get active also. This time and after this rain 4 years ago, we landed a 22kg Jew in 22ft of water near the Yellow Flasher at Mud.

This all depends on the weather, cause I'm taking the little Tinnie. Gets a bit arkward in 1 mtr of sea and 15 knots..... Sunday might be the best idea.

Having said that, Peel Island could be worth a shot ??? ??? ::) :P :o ;D ;D ;) ::)

webby
08-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Hit the nail on the head mate, heading out myself on sat arvo for a sat' nite fling, leaving whytes around 4pm, bit of fresh will stir the bait up a bit, no really enough to flush the systems out, but better then nothing to help the salinity in the old bay.
should be around the grazier, and see what we can drum up.
regards

Ron_Collins
08-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Hi to you both

If you're on the water either Sat or Sun morning, please try to give me a call at 4BC 11-16AM around 5.35am or a bit earlier and we'll share the success stories with listeners, and give Ausfish a little plug at the same time. Try 3831 0400 if there are probs with the usual 13 13 32 number and ask the operator to phone you back to keep costs down.

Hey Phill, glad to see you're reading BNB Fishing word for word - I liked the squobbies too.

Hey Brian, yours was one of a number of good articles on mackerel this month. Feb really turned into a top "mackerel special", which helps keep BNB Fishing looking different to many other publications. Your good work is really appreciated by everyone, particularly our readers.

Best wishes one and all. Ron.

jaybee
08-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Down at whyte island tonight, the boats that left were back fairly soon due to the constant wind, felt 15 at the ramp but more out the mouth of the river according to those that ventured out. best of luck guys, all going well i will be down the mouth crabbing. BTW phil you dont have to go that far to snag a jew. :)
cheers.

Touchy - R.I.P.
09-02-2003, 04:17 AM
G'Day Gang,If you hear "Streaker"loggon Sun.morning give me a call,Hopefully the mackies will still be on the chew.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Adamy
20-09-2006, 01:23 PM
OK... I'll bite.... Why is this thread suddenly important after three years??? Someone want to organise another o'nighter at mud??

Can someone please help me bridge the gap?? (in my knowledge... I'm a bit thick!!)

Adam

(2 minutes later) OK... now its been moved from important to the normal... what the??

Murks
20-09-2006, 03:01 PM
was thinking the same thing adam :-/ :-/ but it got me too, was getting ready to change my plans post haste
Brett

snapperm8
20-09-2006, 03:43 PM
sum1 pulled this outof the archives do use realise its nealy 4 years old?

T1
20-09-2006, 03:52 PM
ADAMY, Jewie, yellow marker, 22 feet of water... Are you taking notes? Ok, so it was 7 (SEVEN) years ago!! But it's relevant isn't it??? :-?

:P
T

PinHead
21-09-2006, 04:51 AM
methinks Phill is trying to live in a time warp..cannot face the prospect of getting older.

Great_White
21-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Great, I was getting ready to hi-jack them both down at the ramp and run off with all their GPS spots ;D ;D ;D

Anyone got a time machine ;D ;D ;D

Did you catch anything Webby , Phil ???????

Peter :)

Great_White
21-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Slim pickings in the new posts, so we are recycling the older ones ;D ;D ;D

Can we a least pick some with pic's guy's ;D ;D ;D

Peter :)