PDA

View Full Version : Gove Jewie and 1/2

Big_O
01-01-2003, 03:30 AM
Caught these on Melville Bay a couple of nights ago. Annie hooked the whole jew but needed a hand to get it in. She had a 4/0 Tru Turn hook on and the fish almost straightened it, then as I was slipping the net under it spat the hook. It was not definitely that fishes night. ;D The 1/2 fish I hooked but it took me down onto the wreck and snagged. >:( I busted off then about 10 minutes later Annies son Ryan says "Hey whats that white thing floating there." I rowed over and there was the fish, still with my hook and sinker in it's mouth. ;D Both fish pulled the scales down to 28 lbs.

Jewmaster
01-01-2003, 06:08 AM
Nice jewies, wonder what got into the half a fish, Wha sort of bait wherre you using.

Big_O
01-01-2003, 01:06 PM
We were using squid bait. I'd say a decent shark was down there as well. Don't know whether he got into him whilst still on the line or after I busted off.

Volvo
05-01-2003, 06:57 AM
:)Coupla nice fish there Big_O, and nice chewin fish too.
Couldnt help notice the gloves?. Were ya wearin em just ta hang onto the fish or use em whilst haulin em in also?? if so, without meddlin into how ya fish, see if you can get some old bike tubes and cut short lengths ta fit over fingers . they work well in not only feelin the bights when using hand lines but also help fight the fish without cut fingers.
Again sorry if i seem ta be meddling, but just thought of a little advice :).
Cheers

kc
09-01-2003, 05:48 AM
Nice fish & a half. Obviuosly jewies make good livies up your way.
Have attached a pic of one I got down here. Not great photo but BIG fish.
Best bit was I got it on 4kg line and the little light white spin rod you can see laying in the background.

Fish weighed 37kg

Regards

KC