PDA

View Full Version : 1M Barra FromMangrove Creek

Jewmaster
30-05-2003, 04:07 AM
This was this guys first barra he has ever caught. Caught flicking lures at the bank at low tide using a orange lure. Didn't realsie there was a comp on. The fish was caught in the Adelaide River, Near the mouth, We launched from Saltwater Arm and there was 6.5M of tidal movement in the tide. The fish was hooked at low tide, It took over 10 Minutes to land the fish and we had to start the motor and follow it becuase it pushed out into the current at the mouth and took alot of line. He was fishing with a basic Barra outfit using 6kg line on a AMbassador 6500. It was the only barra that showed any intrest at ll that day.
He had been flicking his lure at one piece of snag for about 25 minutes before he got the strike, It taught me a lesson as I would nomraly give up after a couple of minutes.

Jewmaster
30-05-2003, 04:10 AM
We got one mud crab as well.

Jewmaster
30-05-2003, 04:12 AM
The Hotel they where staying at prepared the fish and the crab for them, it looked great.

Jewmaster
30-05-2003, 04:12 AM
and the fish

Jewmaster
06-06-2003, 12:16 PM
AAAGGHH a couple of bad ratings, aw well, maybe some people don't like bara. Better luck next time, Fairly harsh, have to learn from my mistakes, "What where they ?"