PDA

View Full Version : fishing at Merimbula(south coast)

swano
12-06-2003, 12:47 PM
three weeks ago went down south to see the father-in-law who is recovering after a major opp. while we were there i took the opportunity to jump on a charter(with 15 others [smiley=hammer.gif]) and do a bit of bottom bashing.
It was a cracker of a day, flat as bickie , and it wasn't long before the fish were hitting the deck . amongst the combined effort of 30 snapper 2 flatties 25 sweep 5 wrasse 2 parrot fish, i managed to jag a six spine leatherjacket. i have never seen one of these fish before so i thought i had hooked one of "PRO HART'S" old paintings, a truly incredible piece of work. do these fish extend up to the north ? or are they southern dwellers only?
cheers swano [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

swano
16-06-2003, 09:58 AM
so does'nt anyone know the range of these fish [smiley=gossip.gif]

setthehook
16-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Hi
Im pretty sure they are a southern species covering NSW,SA,Tassy and WA.
I live near Jervis Bay N.S.W and i catch heaps of these 6 spines, good tucker though. I think they would look great in an aquarium!! :o
Chow
Rob.

swano
18-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Thank's Rob for your reply ;) gave that fish to some german fella that was on the charter , just kept a couple of snapper for myself(yumm) yeah they'd look tops in a tank [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

big_george
02-07-2003, 02:24 PM
>:( :PTHAT looks like a RAINBOW #

I hope my Pee Wee 80 sells tomorrow, it has been tuned well by my mechanic...... Big George

Little Will..... [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] :P :P :P ;D