PDA

View Full Version : straddie teaser II

CHRIS_aka_GWH
20-07-2003, 10:22 AM
another chapter from my book "How to Catch a Decent Fish in Competition & Never Win a Thing

Cobia caught from the current line on the shallow coffee rock off Moreton (east) on a live tailor, ABU 7000 spooled with 14lb Ande on a medium weight Ugly Stick.

Weighed in at 20.150kg & was the second of two matching fish caught on successive drops on a bait ball (the first 20.050kg caught by Mick on a similar outfit). He took 46mins to boat his, mine took 43mins (but only because I knew his time & applied a bit of hammer).

When the third bloke in the boat Steve (who had been waiting patiently for 1 1/2hrs & who actually jigged up the live tailor) was ready for his drop the anchor pulled & we lost the bait ball & we couldn't get a grab on the bottom again in the current.

We thought we had a chance for a daily prize in heaviest overall but realised we had no chance up at the compound - it was the day Zak weighed in that freak 40kg Spaniard.

We also pulled some nice snapper & connected to a 10ft sailfish around that baitball during the week.

There are some excellent fish to had around Straddie. Hope to see some of you Ausfishers at the Classic this year.

cheers,
chris

mackmauler
20-07-2003, 02:21 PM
chris, you could of joined the cobes together at the the head and called em siamese twins, ;D cheers rob

CHRIS_aka_GWH
21-07-2003, 03:53 AM
rob,

LOL that would have been the only way to beat that bloody spaniard.

I got a polaroid of Mick & I standing side by side with them at the pub & Bundy used them in a fishing video promo. They were exactly the same length to the cm which they thought would look good on tape. Mick convinced them we should be holding the sponsors product & we kept talking & posing long enough to down 3 UDLs each - the things you do for free grog #::).

I reckon the only reason mine was a touch heavier, was Mick's had 45min more time to bleed. We could tell them apart from mick's shocking gaff shot into my cobes guts (he's a good fisherman but an excitable fella #;D ;D ;D).

chris