PDA

View Full Version : IT HELP

SNELLY
25-11-2004, 11:33 AM
I know there are several IT girui's out there so I thought I would see if someone can assist me.

I recently got a new PC and I had a Winfast DVD card put in it which allows me to watch the TV & Video's via my PC. I have hooked a Video player up to it and it plays the videos fine with picture and sound but when I record onto the hard drive I can olny get it to play back picture and I get no sound. The reason I got this set up was to convert my Videos to DVD.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience of can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Snelly

Heath
25-11-2004, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure how your card works, but when converting video into a DVD compliant format, it splits the video and audio streams.

So for instace you save footage under the name of snelly, it will save 2 files.

snelly.m2v ( Video )
snelly.mpg ( audio )

so if you try & play these back it will only play either the video orthe audio.

I think this could be your problem

Or if it is capturing it as an AVI file, then it could well be the codec being used or how the audio is being sampled. If it being converted into a PCM stream this could also be causing issues. I capture all my audio in stereo.

imported_admin
25-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Could also be the way the audio is setup to capture.

It may require a seperate lead from the card to your sound card to capture the sound. Had a card a while ago that had to be setup this way. You then set the audio capture up so that it was capturing the audio from the Auxiliry of the sound card.

Would also suggest you go to the manufacturers website and see if there are any updated drivers for the card. They may also have a support chat board on their site as well.

SNELLY
26-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Steve/Heath,

Thanks for the help.

What I did manage to do was record picture and sound using the nero program ( after changing a couple of audio settings ).

With winfast I spoke with a friend who has the same card and I made all my settings the same as his and still no better. He said he had never had any problems with his recording. So I tryed recording the radio and same again goes through the playback but no sound.

I know this is the easy way out but it seems to me that the card could be faulty.

Snelly

reelcrazy
26-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Snelly

Google is your best friend when confronted with tech problems like these.

If I run into problems with new hardware, troubleshooting is as easy as googling up a query, in this instance "winfast audio problem" yielded a number of hits, but would have been more specific if you include the winfast model number in the search.

The following link seems appropriate.

http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=28458

SNELLY
27-11-2004, 06:59 AM
Reelcrazy,

Thanks for your assistance - I'll have a look at those drivers, looks like that may be the go.

I'm not too good with techo stuff - I'm much happier when you can just switch it on and it works but anyway its all a bit of a learning process

Thanks Snelly

SNELLY
27-11-2004, 05:29 PM
OK had a bit of a bit of a look around and on my PC under the sound,video and game controllers for winfast I'm missing the winfast TV2000 XP WDM Audio Capture driver ( I compared this to the download instructions from the leadtech site )

Now I'm not that bright when it comes to this downloading some seem straight forward but others are harder. If I down load a driver from the leadtech ( manufacturers ) site should I get this driver and hence fix my problem ?

Daintreeboy
01-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Snelly. Been fishing lately mate?
Looks like I might get the chance to wet a line again this weekend. Hope your computer problems get fixed.
Let me know if they don't, I have a spare axe at home...... :D

SNELLY
24-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Ok still no joy with this but have managed to get my PC to record from a video via nero Start Smart I did a test of a few minutes and it was good so I tryed a 60min Video and as it goes on the sound gets way way way out of sink with the picture #looking at the info it had droped almost 50% of the frames can anyone give me some sort of explanation

All I wanted to do was transfer my old videos from tape to DVD and it's :-/ all starting to get too hard

Snelly

imported_admin
24-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Could be a few things causing it to drop frames. Computer processor may not be fast enough, hard drive may not be fast enough or even the device you are using may not eb fast enough.

Pretty hard to say exactly without knowing all the factors.

SNELLY
25-12-2004, 04:27 AM
Steve,

Thanks for that - I will keep on trying

Snelly

bungie
03-01-2005, 04:26 AM
I recently got a new PC and I had a Winfast DVD card put in

This seems to be the important part, take it back to the people that put it together and tell em to fix it.

SNELLY
07-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Bungie,

I have fixed the problem ( just changed the way the card was connected to the motherboard ) all Good now in that I can record from video to HDD and then burn to DVD takes a fair amount of time though.

With Win PVR there is a direct burn facility which works but the sound and picture are out of sync.

Cheers Snelly