PDA

View Full Version : Computer tip on Email.....

Burley_Boy
05-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Don't let your email file exceed 2 gig :-X or you will loose the lot and only be able to recover bits... I speak from recent experience arggghhhhhhh [smiley=angryfire.gif]
Most people won't get to this size unless you get a lot of graphics and retain them in the inbox folder.

While I'm at it... Don't load too many fonts like off a font CD etc or you will stuff your operating system

cooky
05-03-2005, 10:05 AM
2gb - depending on what system you're running. Not a good idea to let your email system get too big though.

My email system has been well above 2GB at times, but I run Outlook 2003 running off an exchange server.

FONTS - this is correct whether you're using MAC or PC. Keep your fonts file small (below a couple hundred if possible). There is really no reason to have a large font selection unless you're into graphic design and even then...

Dug
05-03-2005, 12:48 PM
I was in Canberra shooting a job recently they were streaming full resolution HDTV at 1.3 gig per second!!!!! Australia to the USA and back. They had a .7 second delay due to the speed of light limiting the exchange speed over that distance. So it depends on the system you are hooked up to.

Sportfish_5
05-03-2005, 12:51 PM
hmm - 2 gig - they couldnt all be fishy photos lmao ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ba229
05-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Is that why you have 5 email addresses Sportfish?

Sportfish_5
05-03-2005, 01:13 PM
:P :P :P 8) ;D

only to sort pics lmao

philip_thomson
05-03-2005, 04:40 PM
2gbs worth of email :o

i would be lucky to have ever gone over 2mb

ba229
05-03-2005, 05:31 PM
give me your email address phil. I can fix that problem for you ;D ;D ;D

Burley_Boy
06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
First off, sorry for entering this post in the wrong area.
The 2gig rule in Outlook is apparently a known Microsoft bug and they have worked out a program to help you get some of it back. At the moment I can access most of the old info but not move them into new folders... :(

Yes graphics design will get you this file size and we use our email as an inbox then drag all into actioned folders that we can refer to later on as jobs come back... This is dangerous as all attachments remain in the inbox and thus grows your file size.

The font issue is only to warn the unwary that taking a font CD with 2000fonts like those 2000fonts 4000clipart CD's and thinking it clever to save those to your system by installing the fonts, will stuff your operating system, both Mac and PC. Not quite sure if Dugs comment though interesting was meant to have any relevance in this topic??