The clock at the top of the page appears to be a little slow ;D

Kev

Steven78
17-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Glad its not that late

Derek Bullock
17-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Folks

Those German emails arent viruses but a nasty spam with a download in them. Virus busters wont stop them. Just delete them when they come through.

Derek

SCOTTYGC
17-05-2005, 11:01 PM
you guys getting the spam mail because you have your email adress in your profile

this happened to me some time ago
take away the email and all probs solved
worked for me
scotty

Fishinmishin
17-05-2005, 11:02 PM
So I suppose not many of you got the chance to read my "big mixed bag' report. It was all about the 600kg black, 500kg sail, 2mt hoo, 1.8mt mac and 2mt LT I caught on my recent trip offshore. Oh well, I guess youll have to just take my word on it. I think I've still got a copy on the LT ;) ;D.
Cheers, Jay

Mad_Barry
18-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Have you any hair left Steve ? ;D

Good luck with it.

p.s. the front page still has message saying boards are off line.

blaze
18-05-2005, 05:02 AM
Thats gotta cause one hell of a head ache, should make us more aware of what we have when we dont have it, in saying that I had a real good look around the rest of the site last night, ie the cartoons and other links. Just like to say thanks to steve and others that keep this site happening.
cheers
blaze

markpeta
18-05-2005, 05:37 AM
Thanks Mr Ausfish for getting it going so quick was starting to get withdrawals.

Mark

PinHead
18-05-2005, 05:38 AM
So I suppose not many of you got the chance to read my "big mixed bag' report. It was all about the 600kg black, 500kg sail, 2mt hoo, 1.8mt mac and 2mt LT I caught on my recent trip offshore. Oh well, I guess youll have to just take my word on it. I think I've still got a copy on the LT ;) ;D.
Cheers, Jay

It's okay Jay..just sit back..put your feet up and slowly start taking your medication again..it will all be ok and those fantasies will subside soon.

Bad_Bubby
18-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Bad luck to everyone who has posted recently, but I guess these these things are bound to happen on the wild wild web. Keep at it Steve, we all appreciate your work.

imported_admin
18-05-2005, 05:54 AM
We had a crash of the chat boards yesterday.

The last useable backup was about 3 weeks old so some posts have been lost, sorry.

I have also taken the chance to update the software to the latest version. Some features may be missing but I will be adding them back in over the course of the day.

The chat boards may be off line from time to time during the day as I update and add features.

My apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Cloud_9
18-05-2005, 06:05 AM
i think even if you have the site off line for a good day to fix the broblems most of the guys on here would understanding to your plyts.
Cloud 9

Hoges
18-05-2005, 06:10 AM
We had a crash of the chat boards yesterday.

The last useable backup was about 3 weeks old so some posts have been lost, sorry.
My apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

What pain in the proverbial Steve! Hope all is now sorted and you can relax by wetting a line.
BTW Thanks for the reminder for me to do a BACKUP of my machine ASAP!

Hoges
18-05-2005, 06:13 AM
DAMN I need to get post count up again! ::)

caloundra
18-05-2005, 06:48 AM

it's like the last 3 weeks of my life have been was wasted :(

sorry to hear steve, hope you got it all sorted

Daniel

nonibbles
18-05-2005, 06:56 AM
duzzenmatta! ;D it could always have been worse. Thanks for all your efforts Steve.

raefpud
18-05-2005, 08:16 AM
i was a bit concerned i must admit - when i logged on everything seemed to have stepped back in time for a month. Are my last 40 Private messages gone into cyberspace also? Oh well, I hope you still got all your hair left steve, as someone else mentioned, and watch your nicotine, caffine and alcohol intake over the next week wont ya, take care buddy.

roz
18-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Does anybody know if stored PMs may be accessed as before.

Bushbasher (Nick), if you happen to read this, could you please send me your details again, regarding the purchase of those two books. I have sent you a PM but I think it may have gone astray.

roz

Roz

snappa
18-05-2005, 09:04 AM
its good to have a clean out.... ;D
gets rid of the rubbish... ???

bugman
18-05-2005, 10:18 AM
My treasured North West Island post :'( :'(

Dignity
18-05-2005, 10:50 AM
those little gremlins at work again, wondered why I had so much trouble logging on and couldn't find threads I had links to - mind you when I did get in I posted a "disappearing thread" topic before I read this thread - :-/ :-/ had to delete in a hurry - good to see you are getting on top of it

another item of interest I got an email in German from seqfisho@ausfish.com.au with a link to a german website - didn't follow it through - any one else get these ???

Cheers Sam

NQCairns
18-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah Bugman that is a great shame :( it was a top read, I even got jealous, about the only thing that can do it to me these days. There is always next trip :)

snappa
18-05-2005, 11:25 AM
brett..
bad luck... ;D ;D

StevenM
18-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Life goes on, And now I am a virgin again. :-/

Pwoida
18-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Dignity,
I'm getting heaps of the german emails, our whole company is infested with them, and you usually do recognise some of the senders too. Not sure what its about.

roz
18-05-2005, 12:10 PM
One of the first things that crossed my mind Brett. Now it's only a distant memory. Worse than that.... Fraser gone wrong has come back to haunt (sorry Phill).

Roz

Black_Rat
18-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Phew thank god for that ;D i'd thought i'd lost everyone :P ::) ;D ;D ;D

stubbie
18-05-2005, 01:03 PM
yeah me too!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

adriancorrea
18-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Oh well never mind Steve, atleast you didnt loose everything.
Good to see your getting on top of it.
I also received that email, I deleted it straight away.

Tight Lines
Adrian

DavidT
18-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Dignity,
I'm getting heaps of the german emails, our whole company is infested with them, and you usually do recognise some of the senders too. Not sure what its about.

Please make sure you have a up-to-date and current AV program if you dont then you can get one from here " http://www.avast.com/eng/down_home.html "

Or you can get one from here " http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1 "

Both have free versions, the best one to get is the first link as they have a very strong Virus Detection Engine and it checks for updates throughout the whole day, it also has good script blocking for Internet Explorer to stop you from getting nasty spyware and naughty Java Script code that often exploit holes in your system.

Whilst this round of the virus may not have a nasty payload, it could very well turn ugly as it slowly finds securoty holes, and my guess is that this is what it is doing now, gathering info and sending it back to the creator, or a host server somewhere online.

Oh and you should also have a good Software based firewall, you can get a free on from here " http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm " Click on the small green download image and when the new screen pops up choose the very first option the "HTTP" one it is the quickest and the most reliable one.

Having the two programs running all the time you will be very well protected, well to what ever extent software can protect you too.

Cheers,

David.

whynott
18-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Keep the good work Steve.
As so many guys would say this is one of the best sites on the net.
Graham.

Brejen
18-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Thank god it's back !!!!!!!!. Like everyone else last night, i got on line then couldn't log in.. :o was gutted. Had to sit and watch the idiot box with the wife.....

Dignity was getting the same emails. Not now tho deleted all cookies and off line files then run virus/ trojan protector. Hope it's all better now.
Brett