PDA

View Full Version : BIT OF TROUBLE

squidgiepalmer
21-05-2005, 08:37 AM
GUYS what does JPG.GIF.PDF.DOC MEAN I JUST SPENT ONE HOUR DOING THE CLASSIC ARTICAL AND IT GIVE ME GREIF HOW DO I FIX SO I CAN PUT ON GENERAL CHAT BLOODY ANNOYING WHEN THIS HAPPENS ALSO TRIED TO UP DATE EVANS BAR AND REFUSED SAID DOC ALREADY WITH THIS NAME SO I CHANGED SEVERAL TIMES STILL REFUSED HOW DO I FIX THOUGHT I WAS GOING SO WELL REMEMBER PLEASE TELL ME IN LAYMAN TERMS AS NOT QUITE PC LITERATE
CHEERS SQUIDGIE

Dano
21-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Dont know what it stands for but it is the type of file that the
file is. Its prob because thats the only type of files the site can use (jpg,gif etc) ive had problems to thats how i found out.
Hope I helped
Dano

imported_admin
22-05-2005, 12:36 PM
.jpg (Jpeg) and .gif are graphic files

.doc files are Word documents

.pdf files are Portable Document Format files

Unless you are trying to attach a photo or file to your post you do not need to worry about them.

JPEG is a standardized image compression mechanism. JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group, the original name of the committee that wrote the standard. JPEG is designed for compressing either full-color or gray-scale images.

Graphic Image File format, a widely supported image-storage format promoted by CompuServe that gained early widespread use on online services and the Internet. Resolution is limited to 8-bits, or 256 colours. GIF89a is a more recent format that supports interlacing.

You can go to Google and type in
"What is a Jpeg" or Gif or whatever you want info on.

Hope that helps

squidgiepalmer
22-05-2005, 02:02 PM
I was not trying to send pics just word and there was a bit it was about 400 words is that to much and also some words were in capitals to highlight prizes does that cause problems thanks for the info on what it all means will try again tonight to post Classic fishing at Evans
cheers squidgie

imported_admin
22-05-2005, 06:41 PM
YOu can have up to 10000 characters in your post. So 400 words would be over that. So you can post a reply to your post to add the second bit or you could send me the info in a word doc and I will convert it to a PDF for you so you can attach it to your post.