PDA

View Full Version : Can't stay logged in

imported_admin
03-09-2004, 02:36 PM
If you are having trouble staying logged in it is most likely due to the fact that your browser settings are not allowing the use of Cookies.

A cookie is used to store your Membername and Password so you stay logged into the chat boards. They are also used so you don't have to type in your Membername and Password everytime you visit the chat boards.

If you are having trouble you need to check your settings in your browser.

In Internet Explorer click on Tools - Internet Options - then click on the Privacy Tab. In the bottom section clcik on the Edit button.

Type in ausfish.com.au in the section where it states Address of website then click on the Allow button.

Click on OK to close that window and then click on Apply to close the other window.

NeilD
24-05-2005, 02:43 PM
I am having a great deal of trouble staying logged in. I have checked privacy options and security in explorer but still have had heaps of trouble. I can log in OK but revert to guest when I change pages. This has been happening since last weeks prob. Has anyone got any ideas? I can sign in OK on another 'puter. Tonight is the first time I have been able to post for the last week and even now I keep getting booted out.

Neil

Reel-Job
24-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Same here Neil every time i click on to ausfish it saids welcome guest .I tried what steve said to do but it still comes up welcome guest.Hope someone can help us.
Lou
Reel-Job

NeilD
25-05-2005, 07:18 AM
It must be something on my home system as work is OK

Neil

imported_admin
25-05-2005, 07:58 AM
I think I have found the problem.

There was a feature in the updated version that would log you out if your IP address changed. Horse, you willprobably find that work has a static IP address and your home connection does not.

Anyway, try it at home now and let me know how it goes.

If you already have your browser opened you may need to close it and then open it up again and login. You should only have to login once from now on.

NeilD
25-05-2005, 05:36 PM
It seems to be working.

Thanks

Neil