PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection

bugman
23-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Gents, Ladies

Looking for a new internet connection. There's gotta be something else out there other than Tesltra Bigbond or Dodo applicable for a medium user?

Bugman

imported_admin
23-06-2005, 05:09 AM
Have a look at http://www.whirlpool.net.au/ and compare them all

lordy
23-06-2005, 06:14 AM
Whirlpool is good advice. not much about aus broadband that isn't on there.

rickraider
23-06-2005, 02:45 PM
i am also looking for a better deal.my phone bill is $200 a month and dial up is $18 with ihug .their service is very good.on the tv i saw adds with iprimus ...all local calls free and dial up for $49 per month and broadband for a extra $15 more.someone told me aapt was also cheap but how good is the service and any hidden costs.maybe someone has some experience with these deals.i feel telsta has been ripping the crap out of me.plus the above deals have free line rental.

Derek Bullock
23-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I have AAPT Broadband.

Its a 512K connection with a 12 gig download for $59.95 a month. As I have my phone through them I have the Bundle Plan where I get cheap long distance as well as cheap home to mobile. With AAPT Broadband you get dial-up for free in the event that Broadband goes down. It hasnt yet. I have the dial-up and the broadband connection on my laptop as well as the home PC so can connect anywhere in the country.

Also if you lock into a plan with AAPT you get the modem free and if you do the installation yourself you save up to about $350. Installation is as simple as plugging the modem in and installing the software.

The other thing I did to cut phone costs was take out the $79.00 capped plan with Optus on my mobile. With that I get up to $500 worth of calls a month and still only pay $79 so now make very few calls on the home phone. With this I am not locked into a plan as I already had the mobile phone and can pull out anytime.

If you work that out, I pay $59.95 for the broadband, $27.23 for the line rental and $79.00 for the mobile. Thats a total of $166.18 a month and no call costs.

I do a lot of calling and never go anywhere near the $500 allowable on the mobile. Have never gone anywhere near the 12 gig download either.

Works for me.

Derek

Razza
23-06-2005, 03:46 PM
froggy internet is good 39.95 a month for broardband with local calls 18c and std 2.50 for an hour

skippa
02-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Brett,

I use Netspace. $39.95 month Broadband 10 gig download. Been on it for about 6 months now with no problems. They will give you free upgrades if you want to change your package too. They a had a free contection when I joined, but I don't know if that's still on.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

adriancorrea
06-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Im using optusnet.com.au for $50 a month for broadband and have 1000mb, I was on $40 a month for 400 mb and kept reaching my limit, shouldnt have that problem any more.
Quite happy with the service aswell

Tight Lines
Adrian