PDA

View Full Version : can't access live chat

DR
09-07-2005, 10:25 AM
used to be able to, now all i get is a box with a red cross, any suggestions please..

ba229
09-07-2005, 02:37 PM
you got java installed?

When it isn't installed on my machine all i get is the red box.

imported_admin
09-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Java not installed - Go to http://java.com/en/

Or you may have it blocked in your browser settings

bay_firey
10-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Or you may get Denied access because your "maturity level is not high enough" ??

bay_firey
10-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Steve
Don't know if you can help, this is the message that I get when I try to log into Live Chat
There is also a link to send off an email to them which I have done 3 times with no response

Ban message:"You are banned from this server - (ID: 3) steeev - Sorry, but your maturity level is too low for us, chat elsewhere (Expires 8:55am ED"

imported_admin
10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Sounds like there is a block on your IP address. Someone using the same ISP as you has probably been in the live chat and caused trouble or spam. There IP address range would then be added to the ban list. This will expire as stated above and then you will be able to get in. No use banning one IP address as they can simply disconnect and reconnect and get another IP address, so the IP address range is blocked.

bay_firey
11-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Thats sorta what I thought Steve
But the IP address shown with the rest of the message appears to be the local IP address of my ADSL modem/router so I totaly confused

Thanks for the feed back and I will just keep sending them emails until I can get a response

Sportfish_5
11-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Ive got java installed and enabled but I still cannot get into chat with my home laptop. For some reason the java console cant find the chat server and the applet will not start. Dont have any problems with other sites with java only chat :-/

Using both Mozilla Firefox, IE6..
Any ideas ?

DR
12-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Ive got java installed and enabled but I still cannot get into chat with my home laptop. For some reason the java console cant find the chat server and the applet will not start. Dont have any problems with other sites with java only chat #:-/

Using both Mozilla Firefox, IE6..
Any ideas ?

mine was similar, reinstalled Java, still wouldn't let me in & then for no apparent reason ( 2 days later & numerous attempts)decided it would work.
got me confused..

imported_admin
12-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Sportfish_5, would be a local setting, what exactly is hard to say.

Suggest you set all your browser setting to default and reinstall Java and see how that goes.

Sorry I can't help any further.