PDA

View Full Version : Chat Board Upgrade

imported_admin
18-08-2005, 12:42 PM
As you can no doubt see there has been a change.

I have upgraded teh chat boards to the latest version.

As a result there may be a few features that have not been transferred over.

The bulk of them are here and the others will be added over time.

If you find anything not working please feel free to post at the following post in the help section.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1124304813

searaider
18-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Geday Steve ,
Just a couply of comments on the new format .
* Its a bit hard to read the smaller font .
*What happened to the buddie list where you could add your favorite members ( I always clicked on the list , it let you know if any of them were logged on ).
* On each of the chat pages there are 2 tab points . One is to add as read , and the other is if you want to be notified on a new topic .
How do these work , at the moment it can only refet to the whole chat page & not any of the single posts ?
Is there a tick box missing from the posts ?

On a good note :-
The whole site seems to be heaps quicker to log into . # #

cHiCo
18-08-2005, 07:41 PM
If you want feedback Steve then i am not a huge fan of the new format. I miss my beloved Quick Reply box and everything double spaced just seems harder to comprehend. I'm sure i will get around it sooner or later though

chemmy
18-08-2005, 08:06 PM
I have to agree with chico i liked the old format better i have been to many different sites and not one of them has a quike reply box what happened to the quick reply box also there is no today thingy next to the members name who started the topic now so you have toremember what you have not read and what you have now and i am finding it a bit anoying. Any way i guess i am just rambeling on now but if it is the latest thing it must have some good point to it o i just havent found any as yet.

Chemmy

Bosunsmate
18-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi Steve,

Whilst I appreciate the efforts and tme required to maintain this outstanding site, I can't help but agree about the font being too small for us sight impared and yep would be nice to have the quick reply box back.....please...please...please ::)

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
18-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks Steve for keeping us all up to speed with the latest tech. Personally though I have to agree with the other posts thus far. It is difficult to read in this small font and I miss the 'today' markings as well.

Cheers and thanks
Dave

Sportfish_5
18-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Few compatibility issues but on the whole I Like it a lot ;)

No more internal server errors yet :P

Thanks Steve

Cheers

Greg

basserman
18-08-2005, 09:18 PM
yep i find the smaller font a bit hard on the eyes and i too miss my beloved quick reply box as well as the date started on the posts but one thing i truly do miss was the bit under everyones username saying where they were from
was great for us nor from brissy to be able to look up the suburbs where the members where from :D

but hey still the best site on the net no matter what happens to it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

imported_admin
18-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Text is now a lot easier to read. If you need it any bigger let me know and I can bump it up one more.

Will be adding back in the familiar features as they become available. A bit more tweaking to do but should eb all running smoothly.

This was a major upgrade as I had to convert the entire old chat board over to the new format. Took over 7 hours to get it all done so far and there is plenty more to do.

Hopefully there will be no more Internal Server Errors. The old version was just getting to recourse hungry on the server, no matter how much hardware I threw at it. I had spent a lot of time adding features to it but sadly its time was up.

Please post any replies to the main thread in the help section, I will now lock this post
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1124304813