PDA

View Full Version : Chat Board Upgrade questions

bugman
18-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Steve,

Couldn't reply back to your topic.

I got this in my Mozzila browser this morning when trying to access the chatboards. I can get to the domain ok.

"Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by Cookies that are blocked"

My browser is set to "allow sites to set cookies"

Any idea anyone.

Brett

JB
18-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Use internet explorer :P

bugman
18-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Don't panic,

I'm back in - had to delete my old cookies and let the new boards set their own.

JB - How dare you - use explorer - well I never ;D

Zeeke
18-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Any way to adjust the size of thxt on the forums? i might be 23.. but i think my eyes are goin on me or sumtn... cuz i can hardly read anything without focusing really hard on the letters...

Tim

StevenM
18-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Im with You Zeek, need bigger letters

caloundra
18-08-2005, 09:41 AM
zeeke you might need some 8-)

NAAA I'm having trouble too

DR
18-08-2005, 09:50 AM
as above, (tired eyes)also having to scroll across the screen to read posts. it's a bit like someone has downloaded a huge pic. any way to keep it all on a single screen like the old board.
other than thet it's fine :)

'what the' now it's fine, all on one screen [smiley=thumbup.gif] just came back to add, if i click on the drop down menu to navigate around the chat boards, it logs me out & i have to start again. if i keep hitting the back button, no probs.. :o

Steve PLEASE, STOP, your messing with my head, it's doing it again :'( :'( (the wide screen thing)

i mostly use Mozilla & occasionally Netscape.

DICER
18-08-2005, 10:11 AM
The font size is ok for me.

No problems getting to the ausfish splash page in netscape, but when I try to access the chat areas I get
"An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section. "

Internet explorer ok of course. No scrolling problems in IE.

Hoges
18-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Any way to adjust the size of thxt on the forums? i might be 23.. but i think my eyes are goin on me or sumtn... cuz i can hardly read anything without focusing really hard on the letters...

Tim

One very good way to increase the size of the letters is to ditch IE and download and use Mozilla Firefox. I have always enjoyed IE as my Browser but since using Firefox I would find it hard to go back to IE.
If you hold down the control key down whilst you roll the mouse scroll wheel you can increase and decrease the size of the text on the screen.
This is possible with IE but not on every web page plus with IE the size of the increased text is not that much as to make a difference.
The other great feature of Firefox is of course the tabbed browsing allowing you to have many web sites open and available with one click.

Richard
18-08-2005, 10:30 AM
DR, I get the same problem with Firefox (only viewing about 1/3 of the width of the post).

YOu can get rid of it by pressing the refresh button on the page but thats very annoying..

Richard

Jeremy
18-08-2005, 10:43 AM
No problems getting to the ausfish splash page in netscape, but when I try to access the chat areas I get
"An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section. "

I'm getting the same problems as Dicer. Have to log in again every time I change chat boards.

Jeremy

jaybee
18-08-2005, 11:55 AM
i"ve had no problems, says i only joined today and already make 3265 posts, wow [smiley=lolk.gif]

gogecko
18-08-2005, 11:56 AM
you can change your font size manually, by changing Verdana 11 to Verdana 12 when you do a reply. Just type your reply between the 2 brackets. It will only make your own post look larger so that others can read it better. It will not change everyone elses post. Maybe ausfish will set the server default font to 12 over the next few days?

NeilD
18-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Yea the poor old eyes are working overtime. I use the view tab and increase font size but it drops back on some pages.

klyons
18-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm having the same problem others are having with Firefox. Need to scroll right . All appears ok if I hit refresh and reload the page.

Kev

bungie
18-08-2005, 02:55 PM
"Marked as read" only seems to do the posts older than 12 hrs, less than that keep their unread icon

Ok, fixed it in part, seems that the upgrade did not keep the time offset in my profile, and anybodys that is set further ahead than mine will not be "read" until after my time is older than their post time :)

but mark as read doesnt take you back to the forum heading .... general, for sale, 4WD what ever like th eold one did

Dehydrated
18-08-2005, 04:05 PM
I thought the Member Location being displayed on each post was useful before the changes were made.

Agree with comments on font size also.

SCOTTYGC
18-08-2005, 04:10 PM
ok im off to the optomtrist
its just taken me 25 minutes to find the reply button

scotty

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-08-2005, 04:23 PM
i can't seem to catch any fish

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

oh yeah,

and its made my Landy start leaking too !

seriously - I just posted at 4.22pm & the times a bit orf
it makes it hard to set up the alibis to the wife using my girlfriends computer.

ba229
18-08-2005, 04:58 PM
bigger font please

Plus the missus came in yesterday and said "wow you guys have great smilies compared to my sites". I had to agree with her. Can we have them back?

Other than that I must say the site is flying. It seems to have sped up by about 20 times for a page to download so that is a great thing.

ba229
18-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh and another thing :-)

Yeh I know it is very early days and it will all shake out in the end.

The quick reply down the bottom is gone but an even more interesting thing is when you go to this thread (http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1123304249)

Have a look at what happens to the photos and even Setthehooks signature. Just in case it is only me seeing it, they have scroll bars everywhere.

DR
18-08-2005, 05:31 PM
the scroll bars on the pics is not a bad thing. when a pic is oversize you will only have to scroll the pic & not every thread..

Fisher_Boats
18-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Steve,
My two bobs worth for feed back purposes.
Can't stay logged in., Have to log in every time.
Can't get to chat board direct ,have to go through main site and then into chat board
Font size doesn't matta..... need reading specks anyway
There's some weirdly described #smilies there and a lot less in numbers.

Cheers Col

propdinger
18-08-2005, 08:43 PM
no link to get into live chat ????? :o

Hoges
18-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Having to refresh every new page to get them to fit now is starting to get annoying!
Just checked back to an earlier post of mine to see it had altered quite dramatically.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1124099005/40#40
:'( Quotation from the person I was quoting was now missing and around the inserted smilies was [Quote] with the smilie.
Hope you get the bugs out Steve.
Is there a Spell Check function in this newer version? :P

imported_admin
18-08-2005, 09:50 PM
See main thread

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1124304813