PDA

View Full Version : Chat Board Upgrade

Brejen
18-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Steve not sure if it's only me or not but the times seem to be out also the time at the top is a day late and out a few hours. As i said may only be me, but may be something overlooked by yourselves. Mate the new board looks the goods as usual. Great job once again.........
Thanks
Brett

Richard
18-08-2005, 09:08 AM
One problem I'm having is with word wrapping in the post message. I'm using Firefox as my browser and whe nI actually open a post, I'm only viewing about 1/3 of the width of the message. I have to scroll sideways to view all the message. It's like it's not picking up that there should be a word wrap limit or EOL characted there.

The Forum lists open fine and I can get rid of the problem by hitting the refresh button once i'm in the post but it's very annoying.

Any ideas ?

Hoges
18-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Also using Firefox but not having the same issue as Richard with text wrapping. All fine with mine as it fits the page exactly. Can't think of the solution for you but I am sure someone smarter than me will be able to assist.

One feature I have noticed missing is under where it says who the thread was started by it still lists who started it but no longer has when the thread was started. I allways found that helpful when first opening up a new chat page.

Keep up the good work Steve

gogecko
18-08-2005, 11:49 AM
setting default font size to 12 (like this) would be better than 11. There seems to be plenty of room to go bigger, with lots of blank space on most posts.

Seeing the start date of a thread was most helpful too.

Member profiles have been reset. Did I really join 1 day ago? Do I really make 96 posts per day? Very minor issue here, just thought Id mention it.

DaneCross
18-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I just replied to a post here http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1124276790

houndog posted « on: Today at 2:54pm »
I replied « Reply #2 on: Today at 11:58am »

Seems the times are out (going backwards :o)

imported_admin
18-08-2005, 12:43 PM
As you can no doubt see there has been a change.

I have upgraded teh chat boards to the latest version.

As a result there may be a few features that have not been transferred over.

The bulk of them are here and the others will be added over time.

If you find anything not working please feel free to post here and I will look at it as soon as possible.

wiseguy67
18-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Yes the font is too small even for :omy eyes.
Eye strain from too much ausfish surfing is no good, be great if you can increase the font to 12
As always getting used to web site changes takes a while.
cheers Gerard

blaze
18-08-2005, 02:47 PM
cant we reset the font size in explorer, I seem to think steve (ausfish) helped me with this after an eariler upgrade
cheers
blaze

Fishin_Dan
18-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I run Firefox as well, but cannot see any of the message... :'(

I've had to resort to Internet Explorer just to do this!

I'm also with Hoges on the "Thread Creation Date/Time"

Fishin_Dan
18-08-2005, 05:04 PM
To fix the date/time issue, go and edit your profile (Click on your name on the top left of one of your posts). Go through the options, and you will need select the GMT + 10 (Eastern Australian Time) from the drop down list on about the 3rd page.

You will also need to resetup (if you had it turned on) to email you about PM's.

Just check all the settings as you go through your profile.

Once you've done that, the dates & times will be back to normal. The reason they are out is because they are displaying in GMT time (10 hours behind). I don't know how to fix the days since joining though...

DaneCross
18-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Where's live chat? :-? :(

mackmauler
18-08-2005, 07:00 PM
cant see it either dane

bazzaman
18-08-2005, 08:06 PM
wheres live chat??? :o >:(

imported_admin
18-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Quick reply added

And for those that need them - More Smilies have been added [smiley=laola.gif]

imported_admin
18-08-2005, 10:00 PM
wheres live chat??? :o >:(

Will be back up as soon as I can get the bug out of the new version.

bazzaman
18-08-2005, 10:08 PM
cheers steve...........

Fishin_Dan
19-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Steve - The site seems to be screaming along! Definately an improvement in performance. Great job!

The site doesn't seem to let you stay logged in though. Used to keep you logged in all the time (When you ticked the box at login time the first time). I'm assuming that "Keeps" is meant to be the same thing, but every day I open the site, I have to log in again...

imported_admin
19-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Steve - The site seems to be screaming along! Definately an improvement in performance. Great job!

The site doesn't seem to let you stay logged in though. Used to keep you logged in all the time (When you ticked the box at login time the first time). I'm assuming that "Keeps" is meant to be the same thing, but every day I open the site, I have to log in again...

This is what is called a "feature" in the new version.

This feature will be removed very shortly :)

Fisher_Boats
19-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Steve,
Can or will you be able to add a pic to an existing thread?

straddie
19-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi Steve, it might be a good idea to get some limits back on graphics sizes for avatars and sigs as well before too many of the life size pics and monster file sizes get uploaded.

imported_admin
19-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Steve,
Can or will you be able to add a pic to an existing thread?

Yes, but you will need to use the Reply option, not the quick reply.

imported_admin
19-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi Steve, it might be a good idea to get some limits back on graphics sizes for avatars and sigs as well before too many of the life size pics and monster file sizes get uploaded.

File size limit is set to 100kb

markpeta
19-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Can you put on the time and date the post was added uder the person name again easier to know if you have seen it or not.

Mark

straddie
19-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Appologies Steve, saw a 1.7mb image on one of the recent posts but didn't look at the source. It's an external domain. :-[

saphire
19-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Hello,
I am unable to change the avatar with the new softwear.
Can you please let me know how to do this?
Cheers,'
saphire.

macca
19-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Guys, guys, guys,

This site is obviously work in progress at the moment.

Steve, site looks great, it looks more professional.

It just gets better!

I still can't believe we get this for nothing!

I spend at least an hour in here every day,

Thanks Steve,

Cheers

Macca

saphire
20-08-2005, 01:32 PM
LOL,
Macca you are right.
We should chill out a bit.8-)

Burley_Boy
20-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Took me a few days to get back in as I had the site as my homepage and just got to the admin login page when the site changed.
There may be a few guys out there who are still in neverland thinking the site is gooooone. Maybe place a reroute to new site button at that page steve. Or else maybe it was just me!

searaider
21-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Geday again Steve ,
One other little issue , and it may just be me as I'm colour blind .
I'm finding it extremely difficult , if not impossable to read the Names of Ausfish Platinum members .
As I said this could just be me , any one else having the same problems ?

One a good note :-
I'm still using dialup , but I'm impreseed how quickly the site loads up now .

Peter
Searaider 2 #

imported_admin
21-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Colour of platinum members have been changed.

Glad to hear it is loading well on Dialup.

searaider
21-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Geday Steve ,
Boy that was aQuick response with the colour change , now all the member type / colours look great [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I originally thought that I like the old format better , but with all the moderfication you are putting into it ,the new site is turning out great .
I really appreciate all the time and effort that you put the site .
Thanks
Peter
Searaider 2

Burley_Boy
21-08-2005, 08:05 PM
It used to be great to know when a thread was started.
So if thats an easy one then its appreciated Steve.
thanks.

Poseidon
22-08-2005, 09:01 AM
I tried over the weekend to log on from my home computer and kept getting the message " invalid user name / password" though both were correct.
Today, as I never logged off site from the work PC, was onto the site in a flash. Is there a problem with being logged on at one computer and then trying to log on from another. I think it worked in the past OK.
Regards Cameron.

imported_admin
22-08-2005, 05:24 PM
You should be OK to login from two locations, although very difficult to do ;D

If you leave your work computer logged in it shouldn't matter.

Just make sure you have entered your Membername and Password correctly. They are case sensitive so Cam is not the same as cam

Try logging off your work computer and them login again using the Login option, just to check that you have the details correct.

imported_admin
22-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Display problem in Firefox should be fixed now. I haven't had the problem since I fixed it last night. Well, I think I fixed it.

If it happens again let me know.

gunna
23-08-2005, 10:48 AM
In the "Last Post" column I see when the last post was made - but not by whom. Is this the same for everyone or just my puter ??

imported_admin
23-08-2005, 12:23 PM
In the "Last Post" column I see when the last post was made - but not by whom. Is this the same for everyone or just my puter ??

Have added the By Whom section in.

imported_admin
23-08-2005, 12:27 PM
It used to be great to know when a thread was started.
So if thats an easy one then its appreciated Steve.
thanks.

Have added this one to the list, it is a bit more involved though with the new version. Hope to have it added soon.

gunna
23-08-2005, 12:48 PM
In the "Last Post" column I see when the last post was made - but not by whom. #Is this the same for everyone or just my puter ??

Have added the By Whom section in.

Ah - that looks much better. I can stop stressing now ;D

Ta for the prompt response.