PDA

View Full Version : Auto refresh??

FNQCairns
03-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Does Ausfish have auto refresh now? I just had a post I was typing disappear before I was finished. can it be turned off individually? That is if it does have a habit of stealing posts - also on dial up it might be a nuisance while reading posts under the ALL option.
cheers fnq

imported_admin
03-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Just experimenting with it at the moment, have had a few requests for it.

I have it set at 30 minutes at this stage, it was 10 earlier tonight. 30 minutes should be enough time to type a post.

FNQCairns
07-09-2005, 10:12 AM
I must have lost when in the 10 min stage.
Why do we need it? None of the large worldwide boating/fishing sites have it.
I am on dialup and open up 2 or 3 posts at a time so they can load then read them, most of the time with all of the other things around here happening I amy not read a full post for an hour (refresh good then) but due to circumstance (dealing with stuff here) I may not actually start a reply for untill 26min after opening!! Most often occurance or it might take 50min to compse a 2 parragraph reply. I fit Ausfish in between my responsibilities.

Happened again had to leave the PC and just back now and my post was gone (I saved it this time).
Just not user friendly or a very easy going site to stay on now.
Just my opinion and I dont expect changes to be made to suit me but if I hardly ever posted it would be a non issue! Better get this up unless it goes! not ime to re read now excuse all my hastily rapped out typo's gramar etc. :-[

imported_admin
07-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I have taken the 30 minute refresh off the default template.

Those that wish to have the page refresh so you can see if there have been any new topics posted without having to click on the refresh button just go into your profile and then click on options. In the Template section select "Refresh" instead of "default".

FNQCairns
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Thanks good stuff, back to the none stress Ausfish experience I have come to know and enjoy. cheers