PDA

View Full Version : Still having to refresh

bidkev
28-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm still having problems. When I click on a thread I'm taken to the ads page. I have to refresh to get the thread. I'm also getting a syntax error when clicking on some of the urls in my email that notify me of a response. Also, for some unknown reason a response to a thread in the general page ended up on a thread in the 4WD page?

I have tried setting my IE options to auto check for new pages and have also tried it to check for new on each visit to a page, but I'm still having to refresh to get out of the ads page?

Any ideas anyone?

cheers

kev

imported_admin
28-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Don't understand what you are referring to whenyou say the ads page?

Can you post up a screen shot of the pages you refer to.

It seems there are problems with IPrimus and the way they cache pages. Have a few members on Iprimus and a couple have E-mailed with some similar cache problems.

One thing you could try is to install Firefox and see how it handles it with its settings as standard.

There is info on how to install it and swith from IE at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html

bidkev
28-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks Steve. Attached is a screen shot. I've just tried Firefox and that is worse. Every time I click on a thread in any of the sections it takes me back to the Main Chat Area? I can't access any posts at all.

This all may have come about by a combination/complication of factors that all occured on the same day. On the day that you upgraded I installed windows xp and switched from dial-up to adsl. Primus was also having difficulties and email and newsgroups were offline for 48 hrs although the web was still accessible. I'm baffled by it all [smiley=help.gif]

I'm also pretty peed off with primus as the only newsgroup that I use is alt.support.autism and the messages for that group are not being farmed on a regular basis I have just gone 3 days without any messages and am now receiving messages 3 days old and not up to the current date. This happened at the same time as they crashed but they are denying any responsibility and saying that it is beyond their control. If Telstra and Optus are "instant messaging", which I have verified that they are, and primus is not, surely then the fault lies with Primus and not some news server in canada as they tell me? Off Topic I know but pretty strange and frustrating?

Trying this without the pic as it's refused to upload 3 times now?

cheers

kev

bidkev
28-08-2005, 01:43 PM
trying the pic

Sportfish_5
28-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Kev

can you go into tools-->> options then click the advanced tab and list what boxes are checked in there.

Cheers

Greg

bidkev
28-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Cheers Greg. These are checked

Always send urls as UTF-8
Automatically check for IE updates
Close unused folders in history and favs
Disable script debugging IE
Disable script debugging other
Enable folder view for FTP sites
Enable install on demand IE
Enable install on demand other
Enable offline items to be synched on a schedule
Enable page transitions
Enable 3rd party browser ext
Enable visual styles on buttons and controls in web pages
Reuse windows for launching shortcuts
Underline links
Always
Use inline auto complete
Use passive FTP (for firewall and dsl modem compatability)
Use smooth scrolling

Use HTTP1.1

Java console enabled
Jit compiler for virtual machine enabled

Enable automatic image resizing
Enable image toolbar
Play animations in web pages
Play sounds in web pages
Play videoes in web pages
Show pictures
Smart image dithering

Just go to the most likely site

Check for publishers certificate revocation
Check for servers certificate revocation
Check for signatures
Empty temp internet files when browser is closed
Enable profile assistant
Use SSL 2.0
Use SSL 3.0
Warn about invalid site certificates
Warn if forms submittal is being redirected

kev

Daintreeboy
28-08-2005, 05:45 PM
you may have some vermin on your computer ::) ;D

Sportfish_5
28-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Kev - Sorry cant help there mate as that looks the same as mine and I dont have that problem. I take it you have hit the restore defaults button already to see if changes anything?

Cheers

Greg

bidkev
28-08-2005, 07:14 PM
you may have some vermin on your computer #::) #;D

Nah mate, the deckie ate 'em all ;D

Greg, yes I restored defaults. Another example. When I got notification of your response I clicked on the url in my mail box and it took me to the page which only had Steve's response to me. This despite the fact that I have previously visited the page with your previous responses on it. If it was a refresh prob I would have thought that it would at least take me to the page that I last visited not one 2 visits earlier? Ah well............. [smiley=wut.gif]

cheers

kev

imported_admin
29-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Kev, got me stumped.

Have never had anyone have anything even close to thsi wrong.

Would suggest you make sure your system is clean from Virus's, Trojans and Adware.

Also check your XP security settings, not just the IE settings, maybe something in there to do with Java Script. I don't use XP so I can't help you on that. Should be info in the XP help.

Also make sure you install all the updates and security fixes for XP, this can be done via the Internet.

In IE go to http://update.microsoft.com/

bidkev
02-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Checked for spyware and virus...........zilch. I'm still being taken to that page 80% of the time and have to refresh to get the latest posts. Can't find anything different as to why I don't get taken to it the other 20% of the time.

Have unloaded IE and reloaded, no change. Firefox won't take me past the home page.........just keeps taking me there everytime I click on a thread????

Looks like I'm stuck with the problem...........I was warned off XP, perhaps I should've listened.

cheers

kev

bidkev
07-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Just bumping this in case anyone has any ideas. It's driving me bloody insane. I even sometimes get the Ausfish ads page when I click on other sites??????????

kev

Owen
10-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Kev,
It sounds a bit like it's a caching problem, either at your end or at your ISP's.
When you went to ADSL they gave you a disc to set it up ?
If so go in and have a look to see if your network connection is set to use a proxy server.
If so, turn it off.
Because you are having the same problem with Firefox, I suggest you need to look in areas that are common to both.
cheers,
Owen