PDA

View Full Version : Query re chatboards

theoldlegend
16-09-2005, 05:24 AM
Hi everybody,

Last Saturday, in the "Going Fishing" section, I put up a post about taking one of my girls and some of her mates fishing somewhere in Redlands. I neglected to say that I am land based. The next day, I had one response from somebody, but he thought I had a boat, so unfortunately I couldn't use his help.

I'm very confident that when I looked again last Wednesday, his was still the only response. I looked again a couple of hours ago this morning, and I had two responses both of which are very helpful.

The strange thing is, that the first response has now disappeared and the response from "Fishingnottaken" which is dated the same day as my original request and posted about a couple of hours later, has now appeared, but wasn't there last Wednesday.

This isn't a complaint- far from it; this site has given me many hours of informative info and humorous reading, but I'm just curious.

Anybody got any ideas? :-/

TOL

PS: when I got on this morning, A message appeared telling me I had 21 messages in my outbox and only 20 are allowed.

Nugget
16-09-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm not sure about the missing posts - Steve might be able to answer that for you but I suspect it is something to do with caching on your computer - I'm not aware of any problems with the chatboard in that area.

As for your outbox messages: - When you send a message, it is stored in a place called outbox (a link in the light blue band at the top of your messages page).
Similar to when you send an E-mail, just gives you a record of what you have sent.
You need to click on the outbox link and remove some of the old sent messages. You can only have a maximum of 20 messages in your outbox.

Dave ><>

theoldlegend
16-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks for your reply Dave.

Have emptied my outbox, so we'll see if that fixes things up.

As you can see, I'm still learning!! When you get to my age, you're allowed to struggle with these things.

Thanks again,

TOL