21-01-2004, 10:13 AM
To attach a pic to your post do the folowing

Step One
Click on the Browse button in the Attach section below the Message window
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/howtoupload1.jpg

Step Two
A window will appear as shown in this example
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/howtoupload2.jpg

Click on the drop down selection where it says HTML files and select All files as shown
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/howtoupload3.jpg
This will show all the files on your computer instead of just the HTML files.
Go to the folder/directory where your picture is located and click on the file. Then click on the Open button

The window will close and you will see the location of the pic in the Attach section as shown in this example
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/uploads/howtoupload4.jpg

The pic must be in either .gif or .jpg format and under 100 KB in size.

The file name must not contain characters such as &,^,%,(,),etc. It can only be made up of standard characters A to Z and 1 to 9.

All you need to do now is type in some text in the Subject and Message sections.
Then click on the Post button.

For information on scanning your pics for attaching on the boards have a look at
http://www.ausfish.com.au/fishphotos/scan.htm

If you need any more help post a reply here.

rodbender
30-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi,
Where am I going wrong. Ican get the picture on my post when I am typing it but once I actually post it the image doesn't go onto the post.
help please it is driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[smiley=freak.gif] [smiley=freak.gif]

imported_admin
30-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi

The images you are using are linked to another website and will not display. Either due to that website not allowing image requestes to come from other websites or for some other reason.

Try using the attachment feature and loading the image from your computer. Just make sure that there are only Alphanumeric characters in the file name. Do not use characters such as &, #, (, ), etc.

You may also want to read the post about resizing pics, if required
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Chathelp;action=display;num=1075561 453

dfox
18-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Cannot get pic to go through with post. Have resized and followed instructions but still no luck. Recieve message back saying that file already exists on server.

Mick
29-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Is there someone who could tell what I am doing wrong with attaching a picture to my post? Every thing seems to be going right until the message is posted, but when it is posted my picture doesn't appear. Instead a small box with a x in it appears. (see below where an attached photo should be)

imported_admin
29-10-2004, 07:31 PM
pic is on the server but it is 0 bytes in size.

Looks like the upload didn't complete.

Not realy able to say why, could be for various reasons. Maybe something wrong with the file, Internet connection........

E-mail me the pic and I can see if I can work out what is wrong.

jimbamb
04-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Help!!!
My pics are bitmaps as i have to scan them and save them.Can i change them to the desired file type?????? i think???

mr_phishy
23-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Hi Ausfish

I dont usually post pics but wanted to today, they are in fishing reports, they came out pretty unclear and small as i had to resize them to 100kb.

Why are many of the pics on this site large and still clear? Quite often i have to scroll the screen across to view the whole pic because its bigger than the 17" monitor im looking at??

Mick

imported_admin
23-12-2004, 04:34 PM
1st image in your post is 590 x 390 pixels and is 96.3 kb which is pretty high for an image of that size with that low a quality

Would suggest you read the following post it should help you out

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Chathelp;action=display;num=1075561 453

hicksy
03-03-2005, 03:01 PM
How do you attach more then one photo on the same message?

hicksy
03-03-2005, 03:07 PM
I think I have worked it out. You have to first post a photo and then to add others you have to reply to it.
Is that right??????????

imported_admin
03-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Yep, thats it.

waznot
17-03-2005, 04:22 PM
hi ausfish, i am having trouble getting my pics small enough to post. it says that it was approx 488kb too large.
what the??
please help. :)

imported_admin
17-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Have a look at the following post

jimbo59
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi every time i try to download a piccy it says a file already exits with that name so i change it ,like it said, my boat.jpg so i changed it to boat and it said the same thing?

heeeelp jimbo

imported_admin
06-07-2005, 05:29 PM
That would mean that there is already a file on the server with that name as well.

Just change the name to something else. There are currently 16843 files on the server that have been uploaded by memebrs so you will have to be a bit inventive, boat.jpg just will not work :)

Try jimbo59boat.jpg

jimbo59
07-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah thanx steve i finally got1 on i was really happy cause my kids gave uptrying to help me, i just have to try and make them a bit more clearer and smaller.

once_bitten
29-08-2005, 08:08 PM
there is no attach section

once_bitten
29-08-2005, 08:12 PM
ive even tried to copy and paste pics but still wont work

imported_admin
29-08-2005, 10:07 PM
You need to use the Reply Button http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Buttons/English/reply.png, not the Quick reply box at the bottom of the post.

once_bitten
02-09-2005, 05:53 PM
i hope this works [smiley=computer.gif]

once_bitten
02-09-2005, 05:58 PM
kool thanks

waznot
18-09-2005, 09:32 AM
guys i am getting very frustrated here. i can select my picture in the attach box, but when i try to post it, it keeps saying... NOTICE YOU HAVE TO RESELECT ATTACHMENT IN BROWSE BOX FOR SECURITY REASONS, which i do but doesnt work, just keeps saying that.
pls help

imported_admin
18-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Does it work if you use the Post function rather than the preview function?

waznot
20-09-2005, 06:29 PM
steve, i worked it out mate. you know how the photos have to smaller than 100kb, well my photo was 99.3kb i think, so just a hunch, i made it smaller and it worked. but usually if the photos too big, it tells you. oh well, i'm making them a max size of 85 from now on.
cheers
wazza.

waznot
20-09-2005, 07:26 PM
how do i post more than one photo to a topic?

imported_admin
20-09-2005, 07:29 PM
You need to reply to your own post.

Use the Reply Button http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Buttons/English/reply.png, not the Quick reply box at the bottom of the post.

cod_buster
02-10-2005, 05:08 AM
trying to post an attchment a message comes up as. if you had and attch in your post you will need to reselect the attch again for the browser box for security reasons. this is when you seledt post.

imported_admin
02-10-2005, 06:48 AM
That message appears when you select preview, not post.

NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasons.

If you just select post it will post the message with the attachment

browndog
10-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Help Ausfish
Can i use photos from a digital video camera to post.
If so how do you re sise them to post

imported_admin
10-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Have a read of the following thread

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1075561453

You will need to use some other software first though if you have not already captured the images from the video clip.

Something like Video Studio or whatever video editing software you have. Most of them will export a single frame/s from a video clip.

Kiktz
19-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Steve,

I will be stuffed if I can get a pic up.

I have resized down to 88.1kb
Tried posting, previewing and replying

Totally going out of my head

any advice

Cheers Aj

imported_admin
19-10-2005, 04:19 PM
You probably got a message at the top of the post preview page saying

"This attachment causes the attachments directory to exceed it's maximum capacity by approximately 26 kilobytes and cannot be uploaded."

This has now been fixed, I have allocated some more space to the attachments directory.

Kiktz
19-10-2005, 05:29 PM
thanks for getting back to me steve, i get the security attach again do that and then nothing. It just keeps coming back to the security attach screen

Cheers Aj

Kiktz
19-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Steve,
Dont worry I got it.
Did every thing excactly the same and she just came good

Thanks For taking the time to have a look at it for me

AJ

imported_admin
19-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Make sure you have something in the Subject and the Message sections.

Have a look near teh top of the preview section and it shoudl explain to you why you have been sent to that screen.

littlejim
08-11-2005, 08:30 PM
how about adding that 'attach' thingie to the PM section so that we can send pictures with a PM too!

imported_admin
08-11-2005, 10:15 PM
how about adding that 'attach' thingie to the PM section so that we can send pictures with a PM too!

Sorry, not possible.

Besides, if it is in reply to a post then it is best to post to the thread so all can see and you can attatch a photo there. This way the person who put the post up dosen't have to answer the same question several time via PM's and everyoen is in on teh coversation.

littlejim
09-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the swift reply Steve.
I asked because picture is from a magazine article. Worried about copyright if I put it on the forum, but if I PM ithe picture to the member with the problem, the picture makes the accompanying article understandable. Without the pictures not worth sending the article to him.

imported_admin
09-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Suggest you E-mail it to the Member. Just PM them and ask if they wish to give you their E-mail address so you can send the pic.

slyham775
19-11-2005, 09:32 PM
hi there mr ausfish i am wondering that will the post show up on the preview or not ??? cos i have try to post the pic and also the pic is in 88kb..... cos it come out with this add is -------->>>>NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasons.
so what ihave i done wrong ???? [smiley=helpa.gif] thank,s grin... :)

as i am trying learning how to put one up in the testing room ...

imported_admin
19-11-2005, 11:13 PM
You need to have some text in the Message and Subject section or else you will be sent to the preview section with that message displayed.

grex
12-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Steve Having problems adding phato's Have read your origional post & followed the instructions.
Have also read the 3 pages of questions & responses , still unable to to add.

Ths last comment on your origional post say's

"All you need to do now is type in some text in the message window explaining what the pic is of, where it was caught, method used, etc, etc. "

Dose this mean the function to migrate the file to the post is automatic. If so when as nothing happens when preparing the post.

Also , How do you process more than one photo to the same post??

Another site which has a similar new post format has an icon "Add to Post." This migrates the information in the box to the post & one can see that the addition has occured.
Am I missing something on the Ausfish screen.

The file I am trying to add is 41.7kb , name U:\Dat \My Picturers\Unkown Fish No1.jpg

The size & format appear to be as per your guidelines

Await your response

Tks
Geoff

imported_admin
17-01-2006, 10:35 PM
The last section should read as follows.

All you need to do now is type in some text in the Subject and Message sections.
Then click on the Post button.

I assumed people would know to click on the Post button.

If you have more than one photo just post a reply/s to your post.

pegasus
02-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi,am having problems attaching a photo- 78kb- have followed the bouncing ball but keeps coming up with the prompt reattach for security reasons in preview mode -using the post button.
any help appreciated.
regards,
lew

imported_admin
02-03-2006, 01:17 PM
System is working fine.

Have a look on the page that you were sent to (Preview Page) and there will be a reason given. It is put just above the subject of your post.

Copy it and post it here and I will be able to look into it further.

pegasus
02-03-2006, 03:05 PM
success :)- thankyou for your prompt response- my error - it was bitmap format and not jpeg- apologise for my lack of computer nouse. thank you
best regards,
lew

goddy84
23-03-2006, 09:30 AM
well guys the first time i was asked to post a pic on a diff web site i thought they ment post one to them so thats what i did ''post office'' i have since lernt how to do it and can do it quite fine now :P but it pays to read and ask if you dont know .im glad fishing is a lot easyer thay the pc ;D

marcus
03-04-2006, 07:22 AM
I tried to reply to a few messages as well as start new topics. Does not seem to work. Can you help?

Regards,

Marcus

LUMOX
10-04-2006, 06:39 PM
preatty sure iv done every thing right but nothing no x get the writting in the box and takes a while to post but when it does no pic?? when you say pics are on another website or to big in sizes does somthing tell you this?

LUMOX
10-04-2006, 06:39 PM
preatty sure iv done every thing right but nothing no x get the writting in the box and takes a while to post but when it does no pic?? when you say pics are on another website or to big in sizes does somthing tell you this?

Craigus
26-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Steve,

I cannot post a picture. The size is less than 100kb, the name I doubt has been used and there is text in the message and title boxs. :-?

When I have selected the attachment and then try and post it, the screen then goes to the preview screen( without a pic)

I then proceed to reselect the pic and post again, but the same happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Craig

beefaman
26-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I am getting the same, and I have posted heaps of photos previously >:(

Craigus
26-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi steve,

Dont worry about my previous post. It is now working.
I don't know what happened but it all works fine now when i did the same thing.

Craig

imported_admin
26-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Attachment directory was full. Have allocated another 2gig so should be fine for a while longer.

Nelster
26-06-2006, 09:02 PM
having probs with pic post ..i've tryed 3 different sizes 96,64,and now 29k....i renamed .. to pic10.jpg and when i preview .. no pic..
also tryed adding pic of boat with my nick and its not workin either .. wusup?

imported_admin
26-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Attachments do not show in preview mode as they have to be uploaded to the server to display.

If you use the preview option you will see text just under the file attachment box that says NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasons.

Avatar upload seems to be working fine, see the following post for help

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1074662079

gone_phishin
27-06-2006, 11:15 AM
G'day Steve

I have tried and tried to post a pic to the following http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1151369981 without any luck. Have posted pics numerous times before but just eep getting the dreaded red cross.

Can you see the pic at your end?

Regards
Geoff

imported_admin
27-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Take the Underscore out of the file name

EG - GPS_001.jpg should be GPS001.jpg

gone_phishin
30-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Tried that Steve and placed a new file titled ifinder.jpg in my last post and still nothing :(

Ausfish kept putting the underscore in when I posted the other pic.

Help!!

Geoff

fishingbarry
04-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Cannot load avatar or pictures tried a hundred times , norton on and off, picture size is ok, jpg, ticked box, browse, in browse box comes up location of picture ie. "my pictures/my documents/desktop/ausfish folder"change profile no result . I also can never be "redirected' I am no Bill Gates so if there is a reply make it simple.

imported_admin
04-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Barry

Most likely a step being missed somewhere.

Could be in this part -

Go to the folder/directory where your picture is located and click on the file. Then click on the Open button

The window will close and you will see the location of the pic in the Attach section

As far as the redirect problem, you most likely have a popup blocker installed such as google toolbar or nortons. Check in these if you have them or if running windows XP it will be in your security settings.

imported_admin
04-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Tried that Steve and placed a new file titled ifinder.jpg in my last post and still nothing :(

Ausfish kept putting the underscore in when I posted the other pic.

Help!!

Geoff

Could be a fault in the image, E-mail it to me and will check it out info@ausfish.com

fishingbarry
04-07-2006, 11:38 AM
photo test

fishingbarry
04-07-2006, 11:39 AM
YaHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DThanks for the tip look out here I come
Cheers
Barry

daysy
06-08-2006, 11:11 AM
trying to post photo it says reselect attachment again for sercurty reasons please help thanks

imported_admin
06-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Yes, this is already explained somewhere in this thread. If you select Preview you need to reselt the attachment. If you just click on Post then it is posted.

fullysik
22-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi Steve, tried to attach some pics to a post earlier this evening, first second and third pic went up but when I got to the fourth or fifth it said I wasn't allowed to access this section and deleted the post, I did it twice and got the same result, I posted the first message then replied to it to put the second third and forth pics up, did I break the rule??? I hope not, and if I did I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to, the post was titled What Fish Is This??? and it contained weird fish pics that were emailed to me, ant help would be appreciated, thank you......Dave!!!!

imported_admin
22-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Those pics have been posted on the site before, several times. The post was deleted.

richieboy
25-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Test pic

Fafnir
27-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi Steve,

Just tried to post my Garmin Colour Chartplotter for sale in the 'For Sale' section. Pic did not come up on the preview, although I thought it might not. But I have hit the POST button and the entire ad, pic and all, do not appear. Is it simply taking some time to upload, or have I stuffed something up?

imported_admin
27-09-2006, 09:00 PM
If you attach a pic and then hit preview yu will notice that there is text under the attachment box that will say

NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasons.

favourite_whiting
29-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Richieboy,
Huh,
Steve Irwin's favourite choc?
We are still thinking of him.
Happy life of fishing,
favourite_whitings ;)

fishing_mik
15-10-2006, 07:11 PM
did it work

fishing_mik
15-10-2006, 10:04 PM
HAVING TROUBLE PUTING PICTURE ON POST
I FIRST GO TO BROWSE GET PICTURE UP
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Picture\Picture 003.jpg

THEN THIS NOTICE COMES UP

NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasos

then i try and post agaim and nothing happens can you please help me >:( >:(

imported_admin
16-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Thats because you need to reselect the picture as instructed by the text.

NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasons

fishing_mik
16-10-2006, 06:38 PM
TRIED AGAIN TRIED TO POST IT 3 TIMES
IT JUST KEEPS SAYIN

NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasons

I DO THIS PRESS POST AND STIL DOESNT WORK WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

imported_admin
16-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Just reselect it and click on Post, not Preveiw.

fishing_mik
17-10-2006, 04:57 PM
yep thats what i do and nothig happens i did it 3 times in a row and stil nothing

how long is it supost to take to post a picture

mik

imported_admin
17-10-2006, 06:34 PM
When you say nothing happens what do you actually mean?

Does it go to another screen and have a mesage saying that the file is too larrge, or anything like that or does the throbber just keep throbbing?

The throbber is the Explorer logo in the top right of your browser.

fishing_mik
17-10-2006, 07:15 PM
i press browse put the picture in then press post it seems to take about 10 min to load on then the screen goes white. so what is the browser box there is nothing saying that in the right hand corner

fishing_mik
17-10-2006, 07:44 PM
pic tells all

imported_admin
17-10-2006, 08:36 PM
What is the file size of the file, maybe too large a file.

fishing_mik
18-10-2006, 08:17 PM
yeah i think thats the problem took a picture looked at the size it was137mb 1,397kb how do you make it smaller

cheers mik

imported_admin
18-10-2006, 10:22 PM
No wonder it was not uploading.

Maximum file size allowed is 100k

Have a read of the following post - http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1075561453

fishing_mik
19-10-2006, 07:46 PM
young blokes first flathead

fishing_mik
21-10-2006, 01:28 PM
try again

fishing_mik
21-10-2006, 01:30 PM
wooh hooo finalygot it thanks heaps for your help :) :) :)r h

fishing_mik
21-10-2006, 04:01 PM
OLD MANS BOAT

Braddles
09-11-2006, 01:17 AM
I am sorry if this has already been explained previously; but I want to learn how to add more than one pic in a single post. I can add one pic, but when I try to add a second, it changes the link in the browse box to the link of the second pic. I have seen others manage to post 2 or 3 pics in the same post, rather than physically making three seperate posts to add three pics say...

Anyone know??

Thanks - Brad.

greville76
13-11-2006, 08:33 PM
just trying this out..

fishing_mik
23-11-2006, 10:14 AM
try again

fishing_mik
23-11-2006, 10:29 AM
teaser