PDA

View Full Version : Sending Private Messages (PM's)

imported_admin
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
You need to have at least 10 posts to be able to send another Member a Private message (PM). If your message relates to a post it is best to put a reply up to the posts. This way everyone can see the post and the replies to it and it will save the member having to answer the same question over and over.

Private Messaging

While e-mail is a good way to correspond privately with members, it has several drawbacks: You must open your e-mail application to write and send the message; the recipient must open his/her e-mail application; check his/her mail and your message will mixed in with all the other mail and it can take sometimes several minutes to an hour for mail to reach the recipient.
As an alternative to e-mail, the Chat Board offers a faster, more private method. Private Messaging on the boards provides instantaneous delivery to the recipient's Private Mailbox. The mail is sent and received entirely through the Chat boards, so neither you nor the recipient have to open another program or leave the chat boards. Instant Messaging also gives both the sender and recipient greater privacy: No one's real e-mail address is revealed. Private Messages show only the handle and name of both parties.
If a recipient isn't online, Private Messages wait in the member's IM box until the next time she/he logs in and manually reads and/or deletes them. Ausfish Chat Board Private Messages is a self-contained, highly private message system.

angling-addict
15-01-2006, 12:45 PM
G'day Steve

I can understand the reasons why newbies can't send messages first off, but it's a pain in the arse if you can be sent them.... read them....... yet can't reply :-? :-? :-?

Cheers

Addict

SgBFish
16-01-2006, 04:37 PM
How do I send a PM?
Cheers,
Scott

01wombat
14-12-2006, 06:46 AM
I am sorry , imust agree with addict i have some cotacts on here how have asked me to pm them about info and i can not i dont want them to think i am ignoring them or that i am being rude to tham .
I know i am new and its a grate set up but i do think that this bit about PM and 10 have to be either relookad at or maby insted of 10 maby 5 or 2 may be better . Just a thought .
thanks for the chance to have a say
thanks Frank