PDA

View Full Version : marine parks a done deal

fishman7
30-11-2005, 08:30 PM
hi guys
might as well sell the fishing gear :'(do they realose the effect on the local economy?
Especially small coatal towns like this one, motels, cafes etc..... that rely on the fihing drawcard for tourism?
As for them closing the area around Tollgate Island to protect Grey Nurse Sharks??????? I have never ever heard of a grey nurse shark being found in these waters.
Check out the proposed closures here.........

http://www.mpa.nsw.gov.au/pdf/batemans-brochure.pdf

Louis
01-12-2005, 12:23 PM
G'day Fishman7

They probably do realise the cost to the economy.

Unfortunately it probably isn't of any concern to them.

Louis

bigmack
01-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi Danny - I grew up down there and still have friends and family in Ulladulla, Batemans, Canberra etc. It sure is an extensive park, the notes say they believe about 70-80% of the park will be open to rec fishing???

I notice Montague is completely circled and many of our favourite little lakes and haunts have also been painted blue.

How badly will it effect you guys in reality?

Was there much consultation or was it by stealth.

A warning for all of us fisho's now here in Qld.

Cheers
Phill

dasher
01-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry guys but you have been warned for the last couple of years and obviously most don't give a stuff. Enjoy your fishing while you can. :( >:(

fishman7
01-12-2005, 04:00 PM
hi
that the trouble a lot didnt care so the one that do are the ones its going to hurt.i think it not going to make any different to the fish stock because the pros can still fish it.so once again the rec fishos get it up the back side.
cheers
danny

bevnarch
01-12-2005, 04:30 PM
hi dasher.........cant seem to find the link to the pishing party qld # might be a good time to post it again ;)

dasher
01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
hi dasher.........cant seem to find the link to the pishing party qld # might be a good time to post it again ;)

G'day Arch, theres a link in my sig mate. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Sorry you didn't make it Sunday mate, was good fun. :)

bevnarch
01-12-2005, 10:16 PM
same here mate ......was all geared up for it till the young one done something silly....arch