PDA

View Full Version : TFPQ Brisbane South Branch Formation

Commodore
10-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Hello All,

RE: Formation of the The Fishing Party Queensland, Brisbane South Branch

Firstly on behalf of the T.F.P.Q., I would just like to thank all those who attended on Tuesday Night, both members and visitors and a big thanks to Kevin Collins to make the effort to come down and speak with us.

After a brief over view from Shane Boese and a few good words from Gary Fooks, Kevin had the floor and spoke with passion as one fisherman to the other, the basic message is quite clear to all, and to quote Kevin;

“She’ll be right Mate” is not going to cut it and the Greens are already gunning for Moreton Bay NOW!!! If the likes of the Marine Conservation Council of Australia have their way you will be faced with 50% green zones.

The basic message is quite clear “We need to make the FISHING VOTE more important than the GREEN VOTE!”

If the Green’s get their way we will lose a minimum of 33% of the Moreton Bay and surrounding areas for good, we can not let this happen for us, our children and their children.

As for the results, I am pleased to say a committee has been formed, positions are:
Committee Brisbane South Branch T.F.P.Q.
7.02.06 - 8:45pm
Chairman: Shane Boese
Nominated by: Dave Downie #
Second by: Trevor Scarborough
Carried unanimously

Secretary: Matt Mercer
Nominated by: Shane Boese
Second by:Dennis Pockson
Carried unanimously

Treasure: Mitchell Bierge
Nominated by: Shane Boese
Second by: Peter Shaw
Carried unanimously

Other Committee Members:
Denis Bolson
Dave Penfold
Troy Renner
Jeremy Arnold (by proxy)

Congratulations to all members and the committee for standing up and making our votes count, the battle front has just got a little bigger. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank one member in particular, H.B. for his generous donation which will help immensely to get the ball rolling.

If we do nothing now it will be too late, but from the support I have already seen from our current members, industry and the general public we are ready for a fight, and fight for our right to fish is what we will do.

Regards,
Matt Mercer
Secratary T.F.P.Q.
Brisbane South Branch

Derek_Bullock
10-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Congratulations one and all.

Derek