PDA

View Full Version : double island

lippa
08-03-2006, 04:37 PM
has anyon else that that perfect pete wants to slap a $40 charge to day trip to DI?

Derek_Bullock
08-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi Lippa

Interested to hear where you heard that from.

What I have heard but can't get any detail is that the Noosa Shire Council are talking about a beach permit to drive up the beach.

Anyone else got anything on this ? ? ? ? ? ?

Derek

manchild
08-03-2006, 07:07 PM
yepp spoke to the ice cream man at cherry venture a few weeks ago he reckons its gonna be permits and i say why not if the money will be put back in the area on the other hand it would be a long fight for them as that beach is classified as a public road
cheers

dfox
08-03-2006, 09:29 PM
All the toll roads like the gateway are public roads too!
Sounds like its going to be simular to bribie beach if it happens...

Louis
09-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Unfortunately I’m guessing that most of the money, if not all the money raised, will wind up just going straight into “Consolidated Revenue”.

Louis

dazza
09-03-2006, 10:52 PM
we already need a permit to drive on the beach at bribie, have needed one for many years, the permit is payed to the caboolture shire council. i think it is about $80 for the year, haven't bought one for a few years
can't see where they have spent any money on the bit of beach where vehicles are permitted, they spend a shit load on the swimming area only to have it washed away each time

http://www.caboolture.qld.gov.au/tourism/default.htm

cheers
dazza

land-lubber
10-03-2006, 08:50 AM
One point that may be worth considering is the fact that tolls were removed from the sunshine coast roads back in around 1992 after some legislation was introduced due to protesting. Thre could be some way of using that legislation against the council? as has been previously said, the beach is a public road.
cheers

manchild
15-03-2006, 08:20 PM
yep like i said its a public road and to many idiots are behave like they are driving on 1 if we can only find a way to keep whati call lifestyle people away they would be no more problems cheers