PDA

View Full Version : Invitation To Professional Fishers

Derek_Bullock
12-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Over the years we have had a number of professional fishers register as members of Ausfish and make themselves known.

In another thread on Undersize Whiting I spoke of sustainable fisheries for both professional and recreational fishers and in another on the Anglers Action Group I spoke about a united front.

In my opinion, this united front needs to be made up of both professional and recreational fishers.

Would be interetsed in hearing the views of you guys.

Cheers.

Derek

fisher28
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
derek,a combined efort would be fantastic but i do not know if some people would be preppared to work with us.we are both under a lot of fanatical pressure from green groups and governments wanting the votes of people poorly informed.i have a lot of friends in the trawl part of our local fishery and i will certainly run it by them and see what we can come up with.goin to nz for two weeks tomorrow,dont despair if you do not hear from me for a while,ill be trying to sample some of there snapper!!!!

Derek_Bullock
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Cheers Fisher28

Check out ECOfishers at www.ecofishers.com. As I understand it they are a combined group of both pro and rec fishers fighting together.

Derek

Glind
13-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi Derek,
We have some commercial fishos in our branch of The Fishing Party and they want the same things we do. If big areas are closed to recs, these areas are also closed to the pros.
In fact the pro guys know a heap more than we do about the Bay, they are out there every day and are very knowledgeable about things like water quality issues, effects of off shore sand ming etc. We must have these guys onboard as their experience is pricless.
Tim

waldo35
17-03-2006, 02:24 PM
derek i have pushed the concept b4 that we are all fishermen/woman and we should work 2gether. nice 2 hear it from sum1 else.how do i get in touch with u do u have an email address. how many other registered rec fishing organizations are there in moreton bay [aside from sunfish ,not to keen on 'peak' representational bodies from either side, really believe that only local knowledge can deal with local issues.