PDA

View Full Version : HOW DARE THEY

Derek_Bullock
26-02-2006, 03:04 PM
The Queensland Government on the Department of Primary Industries website http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/animalwelfare/10185.html has a link to the PETA website.

Write, phone or email now to Minister Timothy Mulherin to object to this hypocracy.

Ministerial Office

8th Floor, Primary Industries Building 80 Ann Street BRISBANE QLD
phone : (07) 3239 3000
Fax : (07) 3229 8541
Email : dpi@ministerial.qld.gov.au

Ministerial Postal address

GPO Box 46
BRISBANE #QLD 4001

Electorate Office

1st Floor, Mackay Day and Night Pharmacy
67-69 Sydney Street,
MACKAY, 4740, QLD
phone : (07) 4957 8422 #
Fax : (07) 4951 4794

Lucky_Phill
01-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Noted and done.

Phill

chanquetas
01-03-2006, 07:06 PM
The Queensland Government on the Department of Primary Industries website http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/animalwelfare/10185.html has a link to the PETA website.

Whats wrong with that? Their views may be somewhat extremist, particularly when compared to the average Ausfisher, but they are listed under the heading "Animal welfare organisations - International", this is accurate.

I see no hypocrisy in action myself.

Cheers,
Jake

fish-n-dive
01-03-2006, 07:07 PM
OK, I've sent a message to the Minister. Hope it does some good.

Cheers

neilspeil
02-03-2006, 01:29 PM

Whats wrong with that? Their views may be somewhat extremist, particularly when compared to the average Ausfisher, but they are listed under the heading "Animal welfare organisations - International", this is accurate.

Cheers,
Jake

I dont think you can class them as an animal welfare organization. #their concerns are not with animal welfare but with stopping the use of any and all animals in our society, whether it be for eating (such as resturants, abortoirs, farming, fishing), clothing industries which uses animal products - not just the fur industry but also the wool industry, medical research involving animals (which although i don't like, i think it is necessary) and even people having animals as pets.

I am all for prevention of cruelty to animals however, I dont think this is part of there agenda. They advocate violence and arson against animal industries and #exploit children in there own goals. #They are a very profitable organization that spends very little money preventing cruelty to animals or saving animals (they recently have been charged with murdering a large number of dogs and dumping there bodies in dumpsters) but rather seek publicity to increase their own profits.

what they are is extreme vegans creating hate against anyone in society who eats meat or fish or any animals products (including dairy) in their day to day living, seeking media attention (by there own claims they are "media sluts") and by claiming to be an "animal wlefare group" they enjoy tax free exemption.

I was also offended that the qld government would list them as a "international animal welfare organization" and have asked the DPI to remove the link from the website. I would equate listing PETA as an "animal welfare organization" to listing al-qaeda or jamar-islamia as a "religious organization". They are nothing more than terrorists!.

Fafnir
02-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Email sent to the minister. Has anyone else had a response back from their department?

Fisher_Boats
02-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Me too.. ;)
I asked him if he's had a look at their website ::)
Haven't had a response yet, but give them a while and they might, you know what they are like >:(

PAYNE
03-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Sent mine as well. Wonder if members of primary industry groups are aware of this?

dasher
04-03-2006, 02:50 AM

Cheers,
Jake

Jake spend a bit of time on this link, and the other suggested links and come back and tell us what you think of PETA mate???

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm/article/134

borisdog
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Another contact , which I believe is Tim Mulherin's electoral office.
mackay@parliament.qld.gov.au

borisdog
04-03-2006, 12:23 PM
This is what I sent to the Minister - those that want to use it then feel free to.

Dear Minister,
I note that the DPI website has a link to the PETA website listed under animal welfare organisations. I would respectfully suggest you remove this link in view of the fact that PETA are on public record as supporting acts of a criminal nature in their pursuit of their particular version of animal welfare.
Even the most cursory of investigations into PETA's activities will reveal that an organisation such as Qld DPI is displaying, at best, very poor judgement in publicising this link and I call for the removal of this link from the DPI website with the view that supplying indirect publicity to an extremeist organisation is certainly not something I would expect of a Government department.

Yours sincerely, Darryl Mann

waldo35
18-03-2006, 08:35 PM
mmmmm a gov. dept. infiltrated by rabid greenies? i thought it wuz just my paranoia.

neilspeil
24-03-2006, 10:44 AM
please see my post "small victory against PETA" and note the updated DPI website.