PDA

View Full Version : Tas Election - Green Party

borisdog
20-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Has anyone heard the sooking and conspiracy theories being thrown up on the news by the Leader of the Tassie Greens over their showing in the Tas Election. Apparently everyone was out to get the Greens :'( :'( . I couldn't help thinking it was nice for them to cop a large dose of their own medicine. They probably now have a little idea how a few fishermen around this country feel.

kc
21-03-2006, 01:43 PM
They seem pretty good at crying foul when things don't go their way. Drew Hutton whined like a broken diff after missing out on the last senate seat in Qld because of a "secret deal" TFPQ did with the Nationals......trouble is, the "secret" was public knowledge and posted on the AEC web site along with all other preference arrangements of every party, including the greens.

They just underestimated us and it's about time the power they have had over Government policy has some sensible balance in terms of marine park and fisheries management.

We outpoll the greens in any seats we contest and make the "fishing vote" more important to governments than the "green vote" and everything changes.

KC

waldo35
22-03-2006, 01:07 PM
its more than high time that these single interest parties were disallowed by the voting public to hold the balance of power. go tasmania go. funny isnt it how people will vote when their jobs and livliehoods are threatened....... that would by the timber industry......hopefully we can vote these self righteous pricks back to where they belong smoking french cigarettes wearing berets at ur local uni .

blaze
22-03-2006, 04:40 PM
couple of things
first - Iam tasmanian and love it here.
second - dont just knock the greens without first looking at what they do or stand for. We did need a green element in tassie or we would have been left a desert. You only need to see how other major parties have cleaned up there act in relation to the envoiroment.
Third - Were they sour after the election, bloody oath and Peg Putt should have thought before opening her mouth.
Lastly- I have never voted green nor give them preffence in my life but do like to see them have a few seats.
Love my state and dont want to see it stuffed like some mainland states (Murrey River is a clasic)
cheers
blaze

bugman
24-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Blaze,

You forgot to mention the most powerful political party in Tassie

GUNNS

:'(

blaze
24-03-2006, 12:03 PM
one of the very reasons we do need some green element to the govment brett
cheers