PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Shooters Association - A powerful ally

fish-n-dive
14-03-2006, 04:22 PM
I have just recieved my March issue of Australian Shooter - the official publication of the Sporting Shooters Association. On the back inside cover of their journal insert is a media release from Senator Ian MacDonald. This release can be seen at http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1137650441/0#0 .

I'm thinking that we may have a very powerful ally in the Sporting Shooters Association......any comments???

Cheers 8-)

jim_farrell
15-03-2006, 09:41 PM
F-n-D i'm a shooter to and agree we need all the help we can get (fishing). However IMHO, we need to paint a picture that we are more enviromentally in tune than the conservationist. This is achieved by letting everyone know how much catch and release is going on. It is hard to catch and release with a gun, and shooting is a hard image to promote as enviromentally friendly. Even though pigs are feral and encroach on native wildlife, and roo numbers have sky rocketed partially due to man made water sources and feed, it is a hard sell.
Sporting Shooters, very well organised and great group, may do more damage than good due to more misinformation.

Louis
16-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Anglers and Shooters both have one thing in common.

We both have the same enemies.

We should stand together as allies in an effort to defend ourselves.

Louis

wayne_cook
16-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Any friend would be a bonus.

essky
16-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I have to agree with flick.

Unfortunatley shooters do not have the best image out there and I think that being linked too closely will give those opposed to our lifestyle more ammo to play with. (no pun intended)

bigbrian47
18-03-2006, 03:42 PM
politics is ALL about numbers
can't have to many allies
the extreme animal libbers do not separate fishing/hunting/catch@release fishing
cheers brian

madmix
25-03-2006, 08:41 PM
would have no problems with sporting shooters as allies,
likewise with Property rights Australia.

Also believe there is a group fighting for the rights of horse riders
in national parks.

Im not much of a horse rider, but I can tell crap when I see it
and we are all copping the same crap.

Hopefully it looks like the writing may be on the wall for GBRMPA