PDA

View Full Version : Floating in the Logan River

saphire
15-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Hello Everybody,
Many of us who like to cruise on the Logan River are aware of the nasty things that float down it and out to the bay.
I love to see people have a great time on the river. People fishing, playing with PWC, swimming and water skiing. #However sometimes nasty things can be found in the river and here is a picture that I took today while traveling up the river.
It is a dead cow floating. #It was situated between the railway bridge and the Waterford boat ramp. It smelled so bad.
If these are found is there anyone that it can be reported to so they can be removed?
Have safe fun in the water.
saphire.

stevedemon
15-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi saphire
yes there is someone you can report it to being a water hazard, in this case being Waterford boat ramp and Railway Bridge Logan City Council, D.P.I fisheries, Water Police, V.M.R and have them place safety message to all vessels it is the same as any floating deadbury and that is if the Sharks do not get to it first but all of the above will come and remove it before someone is hurt from not looking where they are going.
hope this helps

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

jake_snapper_king
17-04-2006, 08:32 AM
yeha shurks will have fun

Louis
20-04-2006, 01:00 PM
A quick ring to the water police and they will take the appropriate steps to have it removed.

Louis

lippa
20-04-2006, 11:43 PM
have seen greyhounds with ear missing in the pine, yuk, cruel bastards, apparently they take the ear off because it has an idenyifying tattoo, like i said, bastards, there gotta be a more humane way to dispose of unwanted dishlickers. cows are also a common sight floating in the pine, the back that surround "rainbirds" paddock (what i know the farming land in the south pine as) is so eroded when the ol' cow stands on the edge, in they go, we rescued a calf oneday that had fallen down and was stuck in the mud on an icoming tide, the water would have been 2mts over its head at high. when we put said calf up on the bank and were checking out for injury's some old bastard screemed at us to get off my land and leave my cattle alone. wouldn't even let us explain that we just saved him a couple a hundreed. ahwell they little mooer was ok in the end.

cheers

lippa

CHRIS_aka_GWH
22-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Bessy ??...... sob, sob...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(