PDA

View Full Version : The Speed of the Wheels of Government

borisdog
27-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Those of you who follow this particular forum area will recall that a while ago the DPI website had a link to PETA on it. Several of us sent off letters of objection etc and the link was removed. Have a look at the beautiful piece of absolute waffle I've just received back from our Minister for Primary Industries and Fisheries, some 11 weeks after my initial correspondence to the department. I'd hate to see how long it took if there was something really important to react to.

26 May 2006

Dear XXXXXX
Thank you for your email of 4 March 2006 concerning a link to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on the Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries (DPI&F) animal welfare website.
Educating Queenslanders about the need to look after animals is very important to the DPI&F. The animal welfare and ethics website is an integral part of promoting the responsible ownership and the proper care of animals.
A component of this educative role is links to organisations which have an interest in animal welfare and animal ethics. While the DPI&F can make no representation concerning the content of these sites, or the fact that the DPI&F has referred you to these sites serve as an endorsement, these are provided as references only and to make people aware of the importance of animals in our society and our responsibility to them. Many organisations do have widely differing points of view on how animals should be treated which reflects the diversity of thought in our society.
I am advised that from time to time the department reviews the links on its website and where necessary removes any links to information or sites that are not meeting the educative role of animal welfare.
If you require any further information regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact Rick Symons of the DPI&F on telephone 07 3235 4810.
Yours sincerely
Signed Tim Milherin

TIM MULHERIN, MP
Minister for Primary Industries and Fisheries
Member for Mackay