PDA

View Full Version : Ballina Foghts Back

Derek_Bullock
12-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Ballina residents are fighting back to save 50 kilometres of beach access. #The state government is planning to introduce a permit system under the Threatened Species (Pied Oystercatcher) Management Strategy that only allows 4WD access for the purpose of fishing. This is an area where the birds havent declined in numbers since the First Fleet.

Picnickers and joyriders will not allowed on the beach. #

Check out the following:

Draconian beach driving plan
http://www.ecofishers.com/media-releases/draft-code-ballina-beach.pdf

The community fights back
http://www.ecofishers.com/media-releases/northan-star-march7-06.pdf

As one bloke recently said with a tear in his eye, "My 8 week old daughter will not know what it is like to know freedom".

Derek

finga64
17-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Mate, if the people drive on this beach like they do at Evans over X-mas, I don't blame the authorities in this.
Granted most people drive sensibly but some are just morons and the're the ones stuffing it up for all of us.

hussy
25-03-2006, 08:59 PM
good .picknickers usually leave their s..t all over the beaches . and joyriders ,i presume joyriders are motorbike riders .sounds like the best thing to happen to the place, bob h. ps the tear in the eye story sounds like a bit of a croc .

Roo
27-03-2006, 11:20 AM
there is always two sides to a story. One side says " keep everyone off the beach".
The other says "I reserve the right to access these areas".

on one hand if you allow them to restrict access to those who are (presumably) responsible stakeholders, you open the door for the possibility of total access being denied in the future.

but the flipside is if you allow unregulated access, you run the risk of the same people who want it shut now being given the evidence (via the small % of idiots around) tho get a total shut out campaigned and won.

How to you regulate access without allowing the possibility of complete closure?

roo

Louis
27-03-2006, 04:44 PM
The problem is:

How long will it be before the 'powers to be' decide to ban access for everyone, including Fishermen.

Louis

manchild
27-03-2006, 07:41 PM
yepp as an australian i would preserve the right to anywhere i want on public land as i suppose to be one of its bloody owners especially when its all about made up reasons to shut down the beaches by people with nicely combed hairdos:) cheers

freedom my a**e

corby1
15-05-2006, 11:49 AM
may be they should start making everyone have a permit , as we all do if driving on the beach on Frazer, Moreton and Bribie then we might not have the joyriders and some of the idiots and the money taken from the permits can be used to police the beaches to stop the idiots making it hard for everyone else.

Corby

fishingjew
20-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Permits or not you will allways get that percentage% of dickheads who think the beach is for doing doughnuts on or seeing whose 4x4 is the best at climbing dunes their the ones who will stuff it up for everyone >:(
Only gives the extreme greens more ammo.

As for the pied oystercatcher somebody cant count?

Then this will be a thing of the past :'(