Gbanger
17-05-2006, 04:07 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=69361

Poor form by rexy ;D

fish2eat
17-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Luuuurve the title Gbanger!!! ;D ;D

To make matters worse,

1. He used his radio show to bag other high profile people for their indiscretions

2. He paid for it - obviously not as skillful at catching women as he is at catching fish ;D

freddyfish
17-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Seems like he was doing more than KISSING them and throwin' em back

Brad

PinHead
17-05-2006, 04:55 PM
who really cares..it is his private life...could not care less what he does.

Az
17-05-2006, 05:02 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=69361

Poor form by rexy #;D

;D

love the title Gbanger

TheSaint
17-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Lost alot of respect for him when i heard that on tthe news & he is right about himself that he was weak to do a thing like that..

MulletMan
17-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Always used to enjoy his shows though!

Best way was to tape them, turn the sound off and fast forward past the crap sections. That only left a few minutes of quality viewing but beat watching the entire thing. Be good if Steve Starling would pick it up and run with it .......................

Think he will get the bullet from cable TV now the same way he did from pay telly!

Shame as he had all the in gredients for a great series - just a shame he spoilt it all with his antics!

No tears from moi!

You fly with the crows you get shot with the crows!

imported_admin
17-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Who cares what Rex, or anyone, does in their Private life.

Archer
17-05-2006, 05:19 PM
^^ Im with you...Who cares thats for him and his wife to worry about. Happens every day hes just another bloke whos job happens to be making a TV show. Hes no diffrent to anyone else here and ill bet if one of us had an affair it wouldnt make prime time news! ::)

snappa
17-05-2006, 05:24 PM
thats what happens when ya get a boner from fishing .. ;)

Gbanger
17-05-2006, 05:25 PM
i actually posted it just for laughs.. no need for anyone to get their nickers in a knot

Lone_Wolf
17-05-2006, 06:04 PM
There is a price to pay for being a high profile celebrity. Unfortunately public scrutiny is part of it. #

wayne_cook
17-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Feel sorry for Rex & family after were all human.

Just for a laugh though must of been using the wright bait & by the sounds of things plenty of it $$$$$$$ ;D

The_Walrus
17-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Who cares, shouldn't be on this forum, nothing to do with fishing.

Anyone else and it wouldn't even get a mention.

Let's not join the gutter press.

Luc

Richo1
17-05-2006, 06:32 PM
High profile or not, who cares about their private lives.
Rexy has done wonders for catch and release, and recreational fishing.

Gbanger
17-05-2006, 06:48 PM
like i said, just for a laugh people... obviously the press thought it was worth publishing, he is a personality in the fishing world... less soapbox material and more light heartedness please

-Henno-
24-06-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm with you Gbanger. I enjoyed the read. And as for it being his own business, come on! The guy was getting off from taking off his clobber in an alley while the bird stayed fully clothed. That's a cack in itself! That and the fact the woman's name was Robyn Hood!

As for his show I suppose he has done a bit for fishing with all the kissing and putting em back stuff but I've seen a few episodes now where after doing the kissy thing you can see the fish floating upside down behind him over his shoulder in the background. That and the fact that the guy just doesn't catch enough fish and he waxes on about the local history, badly, bores me. We counted an episode where in a half hour show 5 fish were caught. If you watch fishing Western Australia on fox those young blokes have caught 5 fish before the beginning credits stop rolling!

My brother went fishing with a guide in NT last year who enquired into being on his show. He showed the paper work that was forwarded to him to my brother. The guide was required to burley his favourite spot and not fish it for the week before Rexy get's there. Between that and all the other crap the contract said he had to do and pay for he decided against it.

thesimmos
27-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Quote from the story:

Hunt was "an exhibitionist" who would arrange to meet her in public, usually in a lane, Ms Hood told New Idea.

She always remained clothed, but Hunt would remove his clothes by the end of their encounter.

Wouldn't that be a shock if you happened to walk into that lane.. Rex Hunt is pretty hideous with clothes on.. I think I would go blind if I saw anymore!

Simmo

PinHead
29-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Rex runs that kids fishing foundation...wow..what a great example for the kids..now kids..lets all do what Uncle Rex does and strip in the lane...the guy definitely has a problem.

Spaniard_King
01-07-2006, 03:20 PM
As is the usual case people will vote with there TV remotes ::) Old Rexy will roll with the punches, you watch he will survive.

My kids love him, so I wouldn't want to spoil that and after all hge isn't someone I am likely to bump into

Garry

stubbie
01-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Nothing wrong with the topic Gbanger. Like ya chat champ! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

gunnabuild1
02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Gotta agree keep it lighthearted after all can you believe either side of the story neither of em are as white as snow lets face it their both being paid one way or another.Maybe the fish weren't released just not paid enough to stay for a second KISS!

-Henno-
03-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Maybe she had to sign a contract to burley up her favourite alley for two weeks before he got there.

Bundy_Burp
04-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Rex is old news who cares . [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

hussy
06-07-2006, 03:01 PM
thank your mother for the hedge- hog (think about it )
hubby

Az
07-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Maybe she had to sign a contract to burley up her favourite alley for two weeks before he got there.

;D ;D ;D

Adamy
04-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Its just freakin hilarious.... Big rexxy with no clothes on.... think I gotta go be sick!! :o :o :o :o :o ;D

castlemaine
06-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Yibbida Yibbida Folks ;)

Redspeckle
18-01-2007, 07:09 AM
This from Courier Mail by Peta Hellard January 16, 2007

Hunt rises from the Depths

TELEVISION fishing presenter and football commentator Rex Hunt says he came close to killing himself several times last year after his sex-for-cash affairs were made public.

"I had some shocking thoughts," he said about his revelations he had cheated on his wife of 35 years Lynne by paying several women for sex since the early 1990s.
Hunt described it as the worst time of his life – and said he did not think he would make it to this year.

"I thought deeply about doing myself away because of shame – it had the potential to be the end of me.

"But I came out the other side with the love and affection of my wife and my family. They came into that tunnel with me and walked out the other side and I don't think I have felt better about myself for the last 25 years."

Hunt, 57, said he had thought the revelations could end his 27-year career as a football commentator. "I wasn't concerned because I could have walked away from the football and I had already given the television away."

He is in Los Angeles as part of the annual G'day USA week, which promotes Australian tourism. The visit was to celebrate his fishing program, which is screened in 161 countries, conquering its final frontier after recently being bought by a US network.

"This is the last bit in the jigsaw and now I can say, 'gee the little kid who had to do Year 9 three times has done OK'."

Hunt hit the glamorous party scene, hosting his program's cocktail party in Hollywood and hitting the red carpet at the annual G'day USA black tie ball, alongside celebrities including Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, Terri and Bindi Irwin, Naomi Watts, Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta.

He took a group of 40 people, including former Australian cricket captain Steve Waugh, on an ocean fishing trip on a luxury charter to celebrate the program's US debut.

"Two years ago when I gave the television away in Australia, I was physically and mentally burnt out," he said.

"The two years off has given me a new lease on life . . . so I am planning to go to Sweden during the split-round break in the football and take my wife over there and film some trout fishing

Mitch

dogsbody
20-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Private life is just that. This bloke has done more for fishing in this country like no other, You got to respect him for that.

That link Gbanger whats the go it only says his show has been picked up by the yanks.

Dave.

KGW3
21-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I used to be a big fan of Rexi, being a Richmond supporter and Melbournian.But nothing stays the same and it's hard to listen to him now he has become a Large Italian Fog. (Bigga mist) .. He did not take criticism well when callers bagged him and I would not like to get on the wrong side of him.